Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day. Come join thelargest baking company in the worldand our family of20,000 associates nationwide!Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA
Rout Sales Professional Position Summary:
- Great starting pay!
- Excellent benefits package
- Growing organization & increased demand for products
At Bimbo Bakeries USA you are not just a Route Sales Representative, but a Route Sales PROFESSIONAL that acts as the face of BBU in the market to our customers and clients while selling and delivering fresh baked products to retail customers, restaurants, and institutions.
Through world class market execution, the Route Sales Professional's primary focus is to maximize and grow sales through building strong customer relationships, driving and contributing to profitable sales growth, and provide sales-related customer service that exceeds expectations. Key Job Responsibilities:
- Analyze sales data to drive effective decisions in the marketplace and grow brand recognition.
- Increase sales volumes and market penetration through world-class direct store delivery (DSD) tactics and methods.
- Drive in store product representation with seamless execution of company and brand promotions while ensuring racks are set in accordance with customer guidelines.
- Identify and take action towards growth opportunities by soliciting new customers, increasing promotional displays and developing sales leads in the territory.
- Performs merchandising and rotation of all products to ensure the best quality and freshness of our products.
- Introduces new products and services to maximize sales and shelf space within existing accounts and when soliciting new customers.
- Responsible for inventory counts and placing accurate product orders in the order management tool on a hand held device to increase freshness and product variety.
- Conduct daily route settlement procedures to account for all products, invoices, and cash.
- Drives company route truck safely; safely loads and unloads the truck.
- Correctly completes DOT logs and submits other documentation, paperwork and deposits on time.
Job Requirements Route Sales Professional Qualifications:
- Education: High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is preferred.
- Experience: 1-3 years of related experience in direct sales (previous experience in DSD (Direct Store Delivery) or route sales is a plus).
- A valid driver's license is required and ability to obtain and retain a DOT Medical card.
- Excellent customer service abilities required and account management skills are a plus.
- Computer skills and proficiency is required.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Physical Requirements: ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis, climb, push/pull, bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods, and routinely enter and exit a delivery vehicle.
Internal Job Title:Route Sales Professional
Keywords:Route Sales Representative, Route Sales, Route Driver, Route Jumper,Route Reliever, Route Relief
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.