Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Under supervision, the Marketing Manager will develop and implement brand and marketing strategies and programs in order to achieve profit and sales objectives for our US Foodservice business (Bimbo Bakehouse). Responsibilities include the development and execution of business strategy and marketing programs, key initiative project management and the coordination of customer sales, cross functional teams, and suppliers as directed. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Oversee the planning and execution of key business and marketing activities related to product development, packaging, customer promotion, advertising, market research plus cost savings and productivity initiatives.
- Manage and coordinate efforts of functional groups on key initiatives exercising sound judgment when providing direction to these project teams.
- Support the development and execution of business plans in conjunction with the National Customer and Foodservice-specific Business Unit Teams. Anticipate and manage the revision of plans as needed to address an ever changing competitive environment.
- Develop new product and portfolio improvement recommendations based on consumer learning, competitive and internal sales trends and manufacturing opportunity.
- Manage marketing and promotional expenditures and set up controls to maintain financial commitments working closely with Financial Management. Includes post program results evaluation and forward recommendations.
- Bachelors of Arts in Business/Marketing required, Masters of Business Administration Preferred Marketing background (5+ years).
- Consumer Packaged Goods or Food Industry experience a plus.
- Strong Leadership cross functional communication skills.
- Ability to manage people without having direct organizational authority.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with ability to generate business insights from diverse data sources.
- Excellent persuasive communication skills: written, verbal and presentation. Ability to multi-task, organize time and lead groups with minimum direction.
- Self-starter with proven ability to manage complexity and problem-solve.
- Computer skills and proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel and other software/applications.
- Domestic Travel: 10%
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.