Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Director Disruptive Product Innovation is responsible for filling the innovation funnel and also leading a cross-functional teams through an innovation process for commercialization of new products. The Director ensures the timely and accurate completion of multiple strategic initiatives and projects occurring simultaneously. This individual needs to have strengths in anticipating consumer food trends, identifying and/or conceptualizing products to meet these consumer needs, articulating a vision, creative problem solving, collaborating with a diverse cross-functional team, and coaching and developing a team through their projects for successful outcomes. The Director needs to be a self-starter, who can operate at a high strategic level as well as be willing to "roll up the sleeves" to advance project work as needed.Key Job Responsibilities:
- Lead development and execution of branded 3-5 year new product pipeline.
- Develop the vision and strategy, aligning to the 2020 Business Plan.
- Lead and influence innovation to develop and launch short and long term new product initiatives.
- Lead sub-teams to generate innovative products reflective of consumer food trends.
- Evaluate disruptive go-to-market products for further testing and feasibility analysis.
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams (Marketing, Operations, Sales, Research & Development) to ensure collaboration and alignment of direction at all stages of development and launch.
- Develop and manage new product and program handoffs (process and materials) to ensure a smooth transition of new product launch activities throughout the development process.
- Partner with global colleagues to assess global offerings (existing and new) to determine potential introduction and expansion to the U.S. market.
- Use information, logic, and sound business judgment to develop new products and categories.
- Proactively scan the marketplace and industry for areas of competitive improvement including packaging innovation, health trends, and excellence in operational execution.
- Supervise, mentor, and develop disruptive innovation team.
- Direct, lead, and coach, members of select project teams to execute brand plans.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- A minimum of 8 years of management experience with major food or CPG companies in innovation and/or brand management roles.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field.MBA Preferred.
- Previous experience in a start-up environment is a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel 15-25% of the time.
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
- Be a team player
- Ability to sell ideas up, down and sideways to keep team and stakeholders motivated and focused.
- Creative self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Innovative problem solver with an open outlook.
- High energy.
- Go-Getter for results.
- Learning enthusiast.
- Has a biased toward actions finding ways to quickly test new ideas to gain data that provide insights.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Solid marketing skills with an ability to guide the creation of new brands.
- Project management skills and experience with business planning to coach other team members through a successful process.
- Computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be agile in creating and reading data analysis.
- Solid project management skills.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.