Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Senior Category Analyst will be responsible for providing data and analytical support on BBU and/or category initiatives to the National, Regional, and Local Customer Sales Teams as well as the corporate Marketing, Finance, and Trade Planning teams. This individual will provide analytical insights to support specific category strategies focusing on the areas of category assessment, product rationalization and promotion analysis. This individual will also work closely with BBU Marketing Teams building storylines relevant to brand development, Business Unit storylines relevant to sales growth opportunities, and Trade Marketing Team storylines relevant to customer profitability.PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop, analyze, and disseminate category information to internal and external customers and business teams identifying performance and highlighting trends.
- Assist customer business team with:
- Track and analyze sales, profit, and returns of new and promoted products. Create reports with observations and recommend appropriate actions.
- Maintain and update analysis of key competitors activities and their impact on the total category.
- Create new reports to provide perspectives that will enhance the understanding of the overall business.
- Develop customer review presentations for national and regional leaders.
- Forecast in TPM for assigned accounts.
- Demand Planning for critical product lines.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ad-hoc projects as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree required plus 3+ years of related sales/analytical responsibility preferred. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Strong computer and organizational skills.
- The candidate must be proficient in Excel and Power Point.Working knowledge of syndicated data - IRI and/or AC Nielson.
This person must be a self-starter, a team player, an out of the box thinker who can work well amongst cross functional groups and be able to take ownership in managing projects. This individual must have the ability to analyze, prioritize, communicate and work well under pressure. They must be competitive and possess a strong sense of accountability. The Senior Category Analyst must have strong analytical skills and be proficient with data analysis, retrieval, and manipulation. This position will be interactive with the customer as well as internal teams doing presentations.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.