Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
We are looking for a career-focused team player to support the Corporate Accounting Department in the month-end close and reconciliation process, financial reporting, audit support and other shared service accounting functions. To be successful in this role, you must have strong knowledge of general accounting principles and the ability to operate in a large team within a challenging and fast-paced environment. You should have the ability to interact effectively with cross-functional teams, including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Manufacturing Finance and Financial Planning & Analysis. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support period close process including preparation of journal entries, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of financial results.
- Perform detailed account reconciliations and analysis for balance sheet and P&L accounts ensuring accuracy and consistency.
- Ensure compliance with IFRS and parent company accounting and reporting standards.
- Actively participate in external audit including assisting Manager and Director in the preparation of financial statements and note disclosures.
- Assist manager with planning, delegation, and review of staff's work.
- Assist manager with the documentation of work processes including recommendations for improvements.
- Analyze, interpret, and report financial and operating data for management.
- Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as assigned to group.
- BS/BA accounting degree required.
- CPA preferred.
- 4+ years of public accounting experience including preparation of audited financial statements is required.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) is a plus.
- Oracle experience is a plus.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Ability to work independently and participate as a team player in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and accounting skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven, multi-tasking environment.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.