Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Finance Specialist position is responsible to assist in reporting insights, analysis, forecasting and planning for the Organization. Key analytics include: Volume, Gross Sales, Net Sales and Share by Customer, Channel, Brand and Geography. Assess performance and alignment of current strategy vs. established goals and market dynamics.
- Build strong relationships with the marketing teams and create a strategic partnership.
- Understand business results through P&L analysis ... trends, earnings variation, mix, and various ad-hoc analyses and be willing and able to communicate those findings.
- Work closely with the marketing team to understand the value and expected impact of products and brands, forecast impact on business, and provide insights on past and future programs.
- Analyze business/brand results identifying ways to manage cost and enhance earnings.
- Provide insights on brand performance; including financial / P&L, KPI's / metrics, etc.
- Lead and develop less experienced associates .
- Degree in Finance, Business Admin or related field required.
- CPG, Food Service or DSD experience preferred but not required.
- At least 7-10 years of progressive analysis experience required.
- Financial knowledge and general accounting knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Oracle Financials and leveraging business intelligence systems. Intermediate/Strong MS Excel modeling and data management capabilities.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Strong written and oral communication skills along with MS Powerpoint presentation skills.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.