A Carter Components Driver is responsible for transporting trusses, engineered wood products and wall panels to Carter Lumber stores and our customer's jobsites. This position is responsible for representing our products and services in a professional manner while maintaining the integrity of our company. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.Requirements to be Considered for this Position:
Responsibilities of the Position:Delivery Activities:
- Must have a valid Class A CDL drivers license
- Familiar with Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
- Clean driving record
- Successfully pass required DOT pre-employment screening
- Possess good communication skills
- Responsible for delivering material to retail locations and directly to customer's jobsites using the most efficient route available.
- Ensures that delivery schedules are met while providing friendly and professional service at delivery site.
- Assists with loading and/or unloading of materials.
- Maintains driver's log and other records to ensure that Federal DOT reporting requirements are being met.
- Complies with all highway rules and regulations.
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
- Ensures the safe operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Determines condition of vehicle by inspecting vehicle before and after use, logging inspection and reports defects or safety issues to the dispatcher immediately.
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employer-matching 401(k) Plan
Posting ID: 549157615Posted: 2020-02-14