Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Route Operations Supervisor is responsible for supporting the Operations Sales Leader by providing operational leadership and direction for day to day route operations. This includes on-going training and development for Route Sales Professional in addition to on-boarding and training for Independent Business Partners. Key Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development and continuous learning of Route Sales Professionals by onboarding and delivering on-going training.
- Responsible for the onboarding and training of Independent Business Partners on order management, hand held computers, and merchandising best practices.
- Assist with the execution of equipment inventories, basket resets, and store reset events.
- Work closely with customer and support all sales initiatives to achieve growth and revenue goals as well as meet all KPIs.
- Responsible for customer development with regard to ordering, merchandising, and display opportunities.
- As needed, assist in the completion of day to day shipping and product accountability activities at the sales center to include the validation of inbound shipments, overages or shortages, and inventory.
- Execute procedures and programs to increase productivity, effectiveness, and quality of work.
- As needed, provide oversight and direction of hourly shipping associates, focusing on improvements in fill rate, accuracy, and quality.
- Hold sales center associates accountable for compliance to the product and equipment accountability procedures to reduce loss and waste as well as assist in the development and execution of action plans to address any identified loss or waste.
- Hold Route Sales Professionals accountable for compliance with ordering, invoicing, merchandising, and safety procedures.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement by engaging and developing associates through training, coaching, mentoring, and consistent performance feedback.
- Support "Superior Quality Always" by maintaining and enforcing BBU Food Safety and internal audit standards to ensure a secure and food safe environment.
- Achieve the sales center safety goals; deliver on safety awareness programs accordingly to eliminate unsafe acts and eliminate workplace injuries.
- Perform special projects and assignments as requested by Leadership.
- Responsible to cover open Independent Business Partner routes until a buyer is found.
- Provide route coverage for unplanned vacancies in Route Sales Professionals and Independent Business Partners when necessary.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor Degree preferred.
Ideal candidate will possess:
Key Behavioral Competencies
- At least 1 year warehouse/distribution management, DSD, or route operations experience preferred.
- At least 6 months experience leading and influencing others.
- A combination of training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service and solve customer issues as they arise.
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and oral) skills and detail-oriented.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office. AS400 experience a plus
- Ability to frequently lift / carry products weighing approximately 25 lbs. as well as ability to push / pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a safe driving record.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a DOT Medical Card.
- Instruction is limited to operational direction to achieve specific objectives/outcomes.
- Ability to indirectly manage generally at staff level.
- Ability to train and mentor.
- Ability to implement programs for area of responsibility.
- Ability to exchange complex information effectively to reach agreement in ambiguous or difficult situations.
- Ability to effectively make decisions that are more tactical in nature with impact on one or two areas.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.