Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
A Production Helper is an entry level position within our bakeries. They will perform various duties including, Machine Operator, Mixer, Oven Operator, Pan Setter, Trayer, etc.
- May fill in for absent positions in production or packaging areas
- Other duties as assigned Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the food safety and food quality system
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits
- Load/unload or stack/unstack pans from production line
- Load/unload oven and/or proof box
- Assist with other positions as assigned by supervisor
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent Preferred
- Must be able to stand and walk for an 8-hour day; lifting of 50 lbs; continuous pulling, pushing; reaching above shoulder level; wheeling product in and out of trailers and operate machinery safely.
- Position requires flexibility for all three shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to communicate and work effectively with all employees
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and must also adapt to frequent changes that occur on the production line.
- Competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package included.
- Successful candidates will be required to consent to the following: background screening and drug screen.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans [or Vets]
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.