Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Territory Sales Manager's overall goal is to consistently achieve or surpass Company sales goals. He/she is expected to manage sales operations and achieve results that will increase the market share in the area. Responsible for the attainment of budgeted volume, return percent and expense control within the sales market. Additionally, responsible for implementation and enforcement of all sales operational programs and policies within the market. Directly responsible for the protection of all company assets under assigned jurisdiction, indirectly including security, maintenance and sanitation. All responsibilities apply to all product lines in BBU. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Drive retail sales growth in their respective territory.
- Execution of the sales marketing and merchandising plans.
- Solicit potential new business, establish and maintain relationships with Customers .
- Orientate Independent Business Partners or coach and lead Route Sales Professionals in all facets of route operational activity; including ordering / distribution, merchandising, promotional activity, holiday planning, and meeting customer expectations.
- Perform special projects and assignments as requested by Senior Sales Leadership.
- Lowering returns by guiding their organization through ordering, merchandising and space management.
- Assists I.B.P.'s and/or RSPs and BBU support group with route splits and route productivity.
- Back-up in the event of the need to run open routes, including other territories in the Express system.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records with regard to district/sales volumes, account volumes, promotional volumes, and route volumes on all product lines.
- Maintain and enforce BBU safety and internal audit standards.
- Maintain accounts receivable and unpaid I.B.P.'s and/or RSPs. balances per policy.
- Responsible for meeting district expense and budget targets.
- May recruit Independent Operators or Route Sales Professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College Degree.
- A combination of 3-5 years of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- This position requires the incumbent to have extensive experience working in a sales setting and have working knowledge of DSD operations.
- Requires excellent organizational, planning, negotiating and people skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Computer skills and proficiency, specifically Micro Soft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a good driving record.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.