Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
As a member of the Corporate Strategy team, you will help shape BBU's competitive strategy by leading internal consulting projects and supporting M&A efforts.The Senior Manager,Corporate Strategy will work directly with Acelerada and the core BBU business to create value by solving the most important strategic questions across the organization, including:
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Act as an Engagement Manager to help identify new growth platforms, growth opportunities within business units, and across businesses - through the identification of attractive market spaces, determining what it takes to win, assessing competitive position and business models, and then helping the organization to align on the strategic direction and execution plan.
- Support the Business Segments and Business Units in developing strategies that drive above-market organic and inorganic growth, including driving key business turnarounds, working closely with leadership to manage cross-functional teams.
- Ensure that the business strategies he/she develops clearly articulate the business choices, are well-defined, describe personnel talent and resource requirements and arrive at action insights.
- Identify, synthesize and communicate key trends across industries, segments, regions, and competitors.
- Support primary research and analysis for identifying and assessing both organic and inorganic growth opportunities.
- Support and lead talent management within the Corporate Strategy team, including MBA university recruiting and employee development objectives.
- Assist in strategy development that enables the organization to frame and make critical strategic decisions to profitably grow and defend the business. Helpthe organization to refine its "where to play" and "how to win" choices to drive growth, improve profitability, and sustain competitive advantage.
- Lead joint Corporate and BU teams in solving complex business problems using a hands-on hypothesis-driven approach:
- Provide project management and thought leadership to project teams.
- Guide and coach project team members in using a hypothesis-driven approach.
- Lead from the front by taking on complex workstreams and providing hands-on support, including serving in an individual contributor capacity when required.
- Develop project deliverables and executive presentation documents.
- Lead primary and secondary research.
- Frame discussion of findings and recommendations.
- Become a trusted advisor to BU and Corporate leadership.
- Partner with Finance colleagues to understand the financial impact of strategic decisions. Assist businesses to identify and develop plans to close performance gaps.
- Support projects to:
- Identify, analyze, and resolve important strategic issues.
- Develop timely, well-informed analysis of the competitive landscape (both existing and emerging). Anticipate likely changes and assess the strategic and economic impact of changes over both short and long-term time horizons.
- Develop and document a deep understanding of different product categories, segments, customers and retail channels.
- Analyze industry structure, go-to-market models, competitive dynamics, and market attractiveness and its likely evolution to inform strategy development and priority setting.
- Identify and assess inorganic opportunities - acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, alliances, licensing relationships, etc.
- Support national scale, cross-functional transformational projects.
- Design and implement projects to execute on strategic objectives.
- Manage cross-functional, often virtual, teams - to maintain steady progress, coordinating workstreams.
- Engage senior stakeholders across the business to help steer the direction and resolve issues.
- Perform other job-related duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- MBA or another advanced degree from a top program.
- 5+ years of cumulative business experience. 2+ years in a major top tier General Management Consulting Firm or similar experience within a Corporate Strategy team, with at least some experience in the CPG industry.
- Individual should be a strategy practitioner well versed in the theory and tools of strategy formulation as well as the practical implementation of strategy within a complex organization.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Operational track record of dealing with strategic business issues including economics, industry structure, operations strategy, and finance.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle - with experience applying these skills in managing teams and leading projects.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% based on business demand. Travel is typically infrequent.
- Problem Solving, Analytics, Work Structure and Management, and Communications
- Ability to structure and solve complex problems using a hypothesis-driven approach
- Ability to structure work, manage strategy projects, and provide thought leadership to the team members
- Proficient in creating value through the application of advanced data analytics
- Strong oral and written communication skills - ability to synthesize and effectively communicate key messages
- Thought leadership and business expertise
- A strategy practitioner with a track record of problem solving
- Deep expertise in one or more business strategy and/or operations strategy areas
- Ability to architect and create strategy tools, frameworks, and processes
- People, Teamwork and Leadership
- Strong executive presence, collaboration, relationship building and influence skills
- High cross-cultural awareness
- Orientation towards people development, tailoring projects and work priorities to help nurture talent and extended through regular coaching and feedback
- A team player able to work with and through others with the ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Being hands-on, staying connected to the ongoing strategy deployment and helping manage implementation when necessary
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Intense business curiosity
- Commitment to excellence, ensuring objectives are met and delivered on-time
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.