Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Director of Marketing for Bimbo and Marinela will lead the marketing plan development and execution of BBU's Bimbo and Marinela businesses. The candidate will create the strategies for the brands, position and market the brands, create an innovation pipeline for the brands, and manage key initiatives. The candidate must provide project management, strategic planning, and implementation support for these key initiatives including providing analytical support, consulting and cross-functional implementation leadership. Additional responsibilities include ensuring the timely and accurate completion of multiple projects/strategic initiatives occurring simultaneously. Strengths in product conceptualization, creative problem solving and strategic customer and operations collaboration are key as is the ability to leverage fiscal resources, personnel talents and technology to implement solutions. Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute brand planning and marketing mix elements for the Bimbo and Marinela brands.
- Gather, analyze, and synthesize data in order to generate insights for the development of the vision and strategy for next 3-5 years.
- Advance current new items/projects from current positions to commercialization. Track in-market programs of recent new item launches for all U.S. product segments.
- Assess global new products and assess value / potential for U.S. expansion, including products made in Mexico for the Bimbo and Marinela brands.
- Lead work streams and collaborates with Business Units and Group functions.Deliverables include business models, financial analysis, internal synthesis & communication documents, etc.
- Proactively scan the marketplace and industry for areas of competitive improvement such as: packaging innovation, health trends and excellence in operational execution.
- Lead brand management team through critical thinking, strategic decision making, and personal growth development.
- Bachelor's Degree required. MBA Preferred.
- Fluency in the Spanish language is required.
- A minimum of 8 years' experience in related field (CPG, Baking, Brand Management, Innovation, Food Manufacturing).
- Experience managing multiple direct reports.
- Project management skills. Ability to lead cross-functional partners.
- Technical experience a plus (baking background).
- Strong work ethic, flexibility and ability to multi-task required in fast-paced DSD fresh bakery category.
- Candidate must have strong communication skills.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.