Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.Description:
Responsibilities include commitment to ensuring the best quality products, excellent customer service by maintaining regular quality audits (AIB), good manufacturing practices, compliance with federal/state/local regulations (FDA, OSHA, Department of Agriculture, Department of Health, etc.), HACCP, meet or exceed Global Food Safety Standards (BRC), environmental compliance, and DOT mandates.
- Support without hesitation General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense Initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices with an understanding that these are absolutes are Priority #1.
- Assures that Product Quality is an absolute priority utilizing IPM, Plant Teams and outside resources to accomplish this.
- Continually review data to ensure product quality during production.
- Proactively identify improvement focus areas. Participate in root cause problem solving by team.
- Promote a strong teamwork environment. Flexibility and ability to multi-task are key as associate is expected to have the ability to work in a variety of positions. Must be able to train and help others to advance their skills.
- Participate in quality improvement and process waste elimination efforts.
- Identify potential cost savings and cost avoidance.
- Understand levels of line downtime caused by equipment issues and associated points of cause.
- Ability to make mechanical adjustment to equipment to help reduce the downtime.
Job Requirements Position Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred.
- Must be able to walk, bend, push, pull, and twist for long periods of time (conditions typical of a food manufacturing plant).
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. multiple times during shift.
- Ability to stand throughout entire shift.
- Ability to occasionally climb stairs and ladder.
- Requires ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated computer skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans [or Vets]
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.