Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day. New Associate Hiring Bonus Program$3,000 Hiring Bonus will be paid out in increments$500 on date of hire$1000 after 6 months on the job.$1500 after 12 months on the job.Signing bonus is taxable and all regular payroll taxes will be withheldService time (6 and 12 months) must be completed prior to paying out increment.Position Summary:
The Maintenance Mechanic performs preventive maintenance procedures on bakery equipment, building, and HVAC maintenance to ensure equipment efficiency and reliability; food and associate safety, product quality, and do so in compliance with our environmental and social responsibilities. They demonstrates maintenance skills to ensure effective equipment operation. Key Job Responsibilities:
- Works in accordance with defined safety regulations and procedures at all times (LOTO, Confined Spaces, Hazardous Material Handling procedures, etc.)
- Supports General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense Initiatives, Good Manufacturing Practices, AIB and Internal Audits and Product Quality at all times.
- Conducts "Pre-Flight" checkout of operating systems prior to start-up of the line.
- Capable of repairing and troubleshooting most bakery equipment and systems.
- Participates in root cause problem solving.
- Responsible for completing technical work assignments.
- Capable of performance preventative, predictive and proactive maintenance with nomination technical assistance.
- Capable of overhauling most process systems and equipment to ensure optimal equipment uptime.
- Provides direct support and works cooperatively with production and sanitation associates and quality system related to provide effective maintenance support.
- Promotes a strong teamwork environment.
- Ensures equipment is maintained, guarded and operated in accordance with defined safety regulations and procedures at all times.
- Minimizes levels of scrap and rework.
- Identifies potential cost savings and cost avoidance measures.
- Understands levels of line downtime caused by equipment issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
_____________________________________________________________Key Behavioral Competencies
- Ability to recognize and encourage the behaviors that contribute to teamwork.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all associates in a team environment.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work on their own.
Job Requirements Position Requirements
:Education and Work History:
High School Diploma or Equivalent Ideal candidate will possess:
- This position requires 2-3 years of industrial maintenance experience and a mechanical aptitude.
- Bakery equipment knowledge is a plus (including ovens, proofers, coolers, dividers, conveyers, etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting experience.
- Solid understanding of safety protocols.
- Technical certification from AIB, or Technical Schools preferred.
- Programmable Logic Control (PLC) knowledge and troubleshooting.
- Strong maintenance skill sets to include welding, electrical wiring, equipment set-up and changeover, reading of blueprints and schematics, etc.
- Must be capable of exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Mental and visual ability to identify various parts and read mechanical and electrical drawings, instructions, gauges, micrometers, etc.
- Must be able to do basic math calculations to count, add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Tasks require working from a ladder or elevated platform and in confined spaces such as ovens, proof box and bulk storage bins or tanks.
- Physical activities required are climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, twisting, bending, talking and hearing.
- Follow Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines- equipment required will include hair nets, ear plugs, safety glasses, safety shoes, and bump cap.
- Must be 18 years or older.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans [or Vets]
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.