Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day. Come join thelargest baking company in the worldand our family of20,000 associates nationwide!Position Summary:
The Sanitor is responsible for functioning as a team member of a progressive sanitation program to maintain high cleaning standards for a bakery food-producing plant which produces wholesome products free of extraneous material and bacterial or other contamination and which complies with and/or exceeds all sanitation standards. To perform duties in all areas including the plant, warehouse, shipping, receiving, roof, outside area and grounds. Check and ensure product specification standards are being met as required by company authorized standards while performing the tasks in a safe and efficient manner.Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Great starting pay: $15/hr!
- Excellent benefits package
- Growing organization & increased demand for products
- Must be able to follow written procedures.
- Perform all responsibilities following established GMP, Food Safety, Personal Safety and Quality policies and procedures. Notify supervisor of any problems with equipment.
- Clean bakery equipment, roof, fans, ceilings, walls and floors using specific procedures as directed.
- Follow specific instructions to clean flour handling equipment.
- Follow specific instructions in pest control.
- Perform duties assigned from the Master Sanitation Program.
- Keep accurate records of cleaning performed.
- Inspect areas requiring attention.
- Keep manager informed of any unsanitary practices that may be occurring in the plant.
- Performs repetitive tasks and follow instructions.
- Job duties are varied and spread overa number oflocations in the plant.
- Perform daily and down day assignments as scheduled by supervision as well as all other related assignments including assisting and training of other associates as required by Supervision.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor.
Job Requirements Qualifications:
- Education: High School Education or equivalent preferred.
- Experience: Less than 1 year of relevant sanitation experience preferred.
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, squat, twist, kneel, and reach.
- Wear required PPE.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to work Nights, Weekends & Holidays.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Sanitation Associate, Sanitation Worker, Warehouse Cleaner, Sanitation Technician
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.