Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
This is a fast-paced, detailed orientated, high volume metric position in which the individual will manage weekly Indirect Material Purchase orders. Assist Sr. Managers and Managers with RFI/RFP's within Coupa system resulting in spend analysis, heat mapping evaluations, and summary reporting. Aid with Oracle and Dodeca reporting, Capital Projects, Centralized Billing Statements, Invoice reconciliation, and other tasks assigned by the manager.Key Job Responsibilities:
- Working closely with Manager and internal customers to build RFI/RFP questionnaire and bid preparation.
- Document, track, analyze, and report purchase metrics, company/category compliance metrics and supplier performance metrics; generate reports as required; ongoing evaluation of current market trends and purchase history; identify opportunities and make recommendations for process improvements within the procurement area.
- Coordinate with Marketing, WCBC/DSDE, Operations, and Engineering while serving as the main contact for corporate generated Purchase Orders.
- Strive to provide a 48 hour (max) turnaround on email requests and purchase order requests due to time sensitive.
- Liaison with Accounts Payable Group for resolution of payment issues.
- Provide Oracle support for Procurement Module. Support includes but is not limited to:
- Provides support for corporate level departments.
- Develop and runs reports/queries as needed.
- Heavy involvement in preparing business review presentations.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; minimum Associates Degree.
- Supply chain, logistics, purchasing preferred.
- At least 1-3 years of related experience.
- Indirect or Direct spend purchasing experience preferred.
- May involve 10-15% travel to BBU meetings, suppliers, affiliates, trade shows, etc.
- Self-directed and detail oriented.
- 1-3 years related experience in supply chain management.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills.
- Proven ability to implement procurement processes and coordinated across multiple sites, that deliver measurable product and service cost savings.
- Knowledge of ERP / Office Suite Systems / Expertise in Excel and Power Point.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Business acumen.
- Organizationally agile.
- Problem solving.
- Experience managing and measuring work.
- Track record of building strong peer relationships.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.