Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Bimbo Bakeries USA has as an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Category Analyst
in the Horsham area. The Senior Category Analyst will be responsible for providing technical and analytical support to our customers, our national/regional/local customer sales teams, as well as corporate Marketing, Finance, and Revenue Growth Management teams on category management initiatives for the Commercial Bread & Cake categories.
This person must be inquisitive, a self-starter, team player, an out of the box thinker who can work well amongst cross functional groups and be able to take ownership in managing projects. This individual must have the ability to analyze, multi-task, prioritize, communicate and work well under pressure as well as be competitive and possess a strong sense of accountability. The Senior Category Analyst must have strong analytical skills; be comfortable with data analysis, retrieval, and manipulation; be able to apply data effectively; have strong computer and organizational skills; and work well with both internal and external customers.
The Senior Category Analyst will support the organization through category management best practices and information technology. Specific responsibilities and accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop, analyze, and disseminate category information to internal and external customer.
- Help identify opportunities for the sales team that will grow BBU and the commercial bakery category through the use of syndicated data such as IRI, Spectra, and Shopper Card data.
- Share knowledge and best practices throughout the company.
- Be an IRI expert within the company, both in POS and Panel.
- Develop succinct PowerPoint stories that explain key business issues and enhance the understanding of the overall business.
- Create customer-specific presentations with relevant consumer insights, competitive insights and recommendations in preparation for business reviews and category reviews utilizing syndicated data.
- Interact and collaborate with sales and marketing management peers.
- Develop new tools and templates to simplify the analysis process as well as the output to the sales teams.
- Maintain the custom IRI database through new item placements and custom hierarchical changes.
- Ad-hoc projects as necessary.
- Support the values and policies of the organization.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- High proficiency pulling and leveraging syndicated data resources such as IRI, Nielsen, and Spectra.
- Moderate experience interpreting panel and/or shopper card data.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business plus 3+ years of relevant experience. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Strong computer and solid technical background.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to respond effectively to direction if needed; works primarily as an independent contributor.
- Accountable to lead entire projects having modest scope/impact or portions of projects having considerable scope/impact to business results.
- Ability to manage moderately complex problems.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Quickly responds to the organization's information requests.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.