Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
This role will be focused on crafting research, interpreting data, translating it into ideas and building strategic recommendations in support of the company's Retailer Partnerships, South BU Customer Marketing Initiatives, Product Development, South BU Customer and Field Sales Teams selling solutions. The right person for this role will be passionate about bringing the "voice of the consumer"to the organization and can balance multiple projects at once. This role will support the entire South BU. MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with manager to partner with key business stakeholders on initiatives, translating business needs into research plans, so that the customer is at the center of decision making.
- Works with manager on research design and execution. Uses research statistics for in-depth data analysis and summarizes key insights from the analytics, with manager guidance.
- Manage the complete process of planning and executing qualitative and quantitative research studies (i.e. questionnaire development programming and testing surveys, analyzing results, data examination, and internet research to produce final reports).
- Run all aspects of a consumer insights projects from developing questionnaires, creating sample and data analysis plans, screeners, discussion guides and reports.
- Comfortable with both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies .
- Ensures growth and optimization of customer awareness, market share and/or specified initiatives.
- Reviews the competitive marketplace and makes recommendations for adjustments to operational activities based upon identified information.
- Analyzing and synthesizing customer, market and competitive data to translate findings into business insights and action plans to support enterprise performance.
- Translating the business requirements of key stakeholders into research briefs and survey designs.
- Creating survey instruments and collecting data using online survey tools or qualitative methods.
- Develop and present insightful presentations to the executive team that outlines significant changes in customer behavior and the marketplace.
- Builds the formal frameworks and methodologies for approaching major strategic issues both leveraging existing resources and creating new innovative concepts across the Company for area of expertise.
- Performs as a focal point for cross-functional teams and liaison to stakeholders in developing and implementing frameworks.
- Develops effective working relationships with stakeholders to achieve targeted goals and/or solutions.
- Develops short- and long-range strategies, plans and actionable goals. Oversees implementation of procedures, processes, and policies that have significant impact upon the organization Shares complex information related to areas of expertise.
- Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs.
- Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts. Develops budget where needed for specified area of responsibility and delivers against business goals/objectives.
- Analyzes performance drivers, proactively determines actionable strategy, and then contributes to identifying solutions for mitigation and/or optimization to achieve overall business goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and can interact at all levels of the organization.
- Master Level Degree and Research Experience in business, marketing, marketing research or statistics. Doctoral Research Preferred (DBA / PhD) - Data Science Research / Solutions a must.
- 3-5 years of experience in qualitative and/or quantitative marketing research (some supplier side research experience considered an advantage).
- Must Possess Investigative Curiosity.
- Must have the ability and experience to act as "influencer" to Customer buyers and insight stakeholders, with and independent from sales team partners.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Access knowledge required).
- Demonstrated mastery of Syndicated data systems and ability to incorporate insight into fact-based presentations IRI, Nielsen Nitro, HomeScan, Spectra, and Cross Outlet Facts.
- Working knowledge of JDA Space Planning (Prospace) and Ad-tracking services.
- Ability to create streamlined reports using a variety of different sources - Including internet research.
- Outstanding communication skills (oral and written).
- Candidate must have analytic problem-solving skills and continually seek to dig beyond the surface for deeper-level insights.
- Candidate must display good interpersonal skills, including a positive "team-player" attitude -- within the department and outside.
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills. Proficient with survey tools such as Qualtrics or Survey Gizmo. Proficient in SPSS or other analytical tools Uses statistical evaluation to examine data and reveal insights to action.
- Able to use a variety of communication methods on frequent basis.
- Use a notebook computer and standard office equipment printers, fax, phone etc.
- Able to sit, stand, stoop and have use of hand motor coordination regularly.
- Use various forms of transportation for extended periods of time on periodic basis.
- Lift and move cases of product as needed for customer events.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.