Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Learning Specialist will serve as a key member of our Talent Development COE Team. The successful candidate will lead the design, development, and deployment of effective learning solutions across different functions of Bimbo Bakeries USA. This role collaborates closely with functional leaders, subject matter experts, and external partners, providing learning that supports training strategies.
The Learning Specialist is a critical interface between the Talent Development COE, COI Leadership, and functional areas. This position plays a key role in collaborating and partnering to support the business in reaching our transformational objectives by providing effective learning solutions that enhance job performance and increase productivity in alignment with the annual Business Plan. Key Job Responsibilities:
- In coordination with the HR and internal client, define learning objectives and create content outlines, curriculum plans, and other design documents to guide the development of learning content and evaluations.
- Identify and build capability within functional areas through effective deployment, measurement and analysis of programs in support of business needs.
- Create engaging, high-quality learning materials and compelling learning content that enhance the retention of learning.
- Design and develop learning activities, knowledge checks, and pre/post assessments that enhance the learning process.
- Knowledge with authoring tools to create eLearning courses, micro-learning modules, simulations, video, audio, and high-impact instructional graphics.
- Design, develop, and customize learning content; repurpose existing content into new learning solutions.
- Manage review/approval processes, including SME and quality reviews.
- Prepare and facilitate virtual and classroom sessions as needed.
- Create and implement Level 1 (reaction), Level 2 (learning), and Level 3 (behavior) evaluations.
- Apply change management process and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of new learning programs.
- Design, manage, and deliver training content (ILT, VILT, e-learning) to a varied audience in different areas of the business.
- Manage small and large scale project implementation, including consultant, external vendor, materials development, implementation, and sustainability of programs.
- Partner with key stakeholders to coordinate deployment of local programs.
- Employ project management tools with detailed deliverables to ensure timely delivery and implementation of learning and development initiatives.
- Utilize data analytics to ensure that learning solutions are generating intended business outcomes; track and analyze the impact of learning projects.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative data analyses of programs providing recommendation the Learning team and internal client based on data.
- Stay abreast of best practices, industry trends in talent development, share ideas with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Estimate time and resources necessary to develop and deliver learning solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field; Advanced degree preferred.
- 5 +years of learning and development experience.
- Excellent written & verbal communication, presentation.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong change leadership skills coupled with exceptional relationship building and influencing skills; ability to effectively interface with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams to meet shared objectives without reporting relationships.
- High-performance / results orientation; able to effectively prioritize and manage multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- Experience managing a budget, vendor management, invoicing, and contract negotiations.
- Exceptional customer service orientation; strong problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Power Point required.
- Experience in virtual facilitation, and E-Learning authoring tools.
- Skills in instructional design principles, learning technologies, and adult learning theories.
- High-performance orientation with understanding of current learning industry best practices.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.