Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Manager of Project Engineering will be responsible for :
- Develop/Execute Capital Projects including:
- Development of project plans, budgets and Capital requests.
- Development of detailed equipment specifications.
- Request for proposal development and subsequent vendor selection.
- Vendor/Construction management including change control.
- Installation including troubleshooting and training.
- Execute projects on time and within budget meeting all design criteria.
- Support plant personnel in root cause and equipment performance analysis.
- Support plant process improvement activities including equipment performance analysis, troubleshooting, and development of optimal settings and operating parameters.
- Develop capacity plans and recommend alternatives for addressing shortfalls.
- Perform job responsibilities with minimal day to day oversight.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or 10 yrs work experience in technical field.
- 3-5 years of prior engineering experience. Experience within the food, pharmaceutical, or consumer goods industries is preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of managing multiple projects on time and within budget.
- Experience improving performance of existing equipment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of commonly used process control and improvement tools.
- Willingness to travel 50 to 70% of the time.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.