Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day. Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA as a Loader:
Loader Position Summary:
- Competitive starting wages;$18.40 per hour
- Amazing medical/dental available at very low weekly deductions
- Stable Union position with pension for retirement
- Vacation available after one year
- BBU specific wellness and discountprogram available
The loader is responsible for distributing finished goods to routes with the assistance of load sheets and report to Depot Supervisor regarding any discrepancies in counts either received or issued.Loader Position Responsibilities:
Schedule for Hire:
- Unload and load product and/ or empty trays from incoming transports.
- Move 800 to 1000 units of bread or buns (80+ baskets) per hour. 8 packages to a basket. Baskets weigh 10# to 12#'s each.
- Must stack product according to depot stacking procedures.
- Break-down tray stacks of bread, muffins & bagels, and etc. & arrange all product for efficient loading & operations.
- Count & verify all incoming product loads, & incoming returns. Have knowledge of where products are located on shipping load sheets
- Have knowledge of how much of each variety is in each tray.
- Loads trucks and routes with proper amount of each variety; adjusts orders as required and control shortages
- Using daily order sheet, determines route specific product loading and records verification of the order being filled
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the SQF system.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and secure depot environment.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor
- Days: Sunday - Saturday; Days off vary
- Shift Start Time: 10:00 pm
- Overtime when needed
Job Requirements The Ideal Qualifications of the Loader are:
- High School Diploma/GED is preferred but not required
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in warehouse position preferred
- Must be able to read and understand load sheets to properly distribute finished goods according to locations
- Must have good mathematical skills in basic arithmetic - add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Must be able to clearly identify shortages and overages in finished goods distribution.
- Must be able to work as part of a flexible team in order to ensure work completion.
- Inventory Control experience preferred
- Push, pull and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Read and understand written and verbal directions, and instructions
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.