Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day. Come join thelargest baking company in the worldand our family of20,000 associates nationwide!Position Summary
The Transport Driver position is responsible for safely operating a tractor-trailer vehicle, loading, unloading, reloading product, deliver of product to designated locations.Follows all safety procedures as set forth by the Company. Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA
Transport Driver Key Job Responsibilities
- Great starting pay: $17.76/hour!
- Pay increase to $22/hour after 90 days!
- Excellent benefits package
- Growing organization & increased demand for products
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe environment through compliance of all Company, local, State and Federal mandates or programs.
- Report to work on time when scheduled. Will be required to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime based upon business needs. May be scheduled to work extra days.
- Accountable for the proper count and verification of all incoming and outgoing product loads and returns. Must be able to do basic math.
- Associate is required to load equipment from the sale centers and count the number of dollies, blue baskets and grey baskets that are being brought back on the trailer and document the equipment being returned.
- Maintains cleanliness of tractor interior.
- Report any issues of problems encountered during the execution of duties to Department Manager/Supervisor.
- Associates subject to weather conditions including snow and ice as well as temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
- Required to properly wear company issued PPE up to and including safety shoes and bump cap.
Job Requirements Qualifications:
- Must have three years' experience driving tractor-trailers - with no accident or points in the last three years.
- Must be able to be doubles certified within the first month of employment.
- Must possess clean, verifiable Class A driver's license.
- Knowledge and compliance of FMCSR as well as State and/or Local DMV regulations.
- Record and maintain documents required by the company and DOT.
- Must be capable of climbing up and down building stairways and ladders to perform the tasks required.
- Must be capable of exerting necessary force to move equipment in the distribution process.
- Tasks require sitting and driving for long periods, standing, stooping, reaching, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, bending and twisting.
- Mental and visual ability to identify rack and/or container labeling. Perform repetitive tasks following specific instructions.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to work Nights, Weekends & Holidays
Internal Title: Transport Driver
Keywords: CDL, Class A, DOT, Driver
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.