Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Bimbo Bakeries USA Marketing Co-Op program is a dynamic 6-month program that affords students a remarkable opportunity to participate in fast-paced real world projects designed to further develop strategic project management, analytical problem solving, and managerial leadership skills. Mentors will be designated to guide Co-Op collaborations and project work in each area. Marketing Co-Ops support Bimbo Bakeries in the development and execution of marketing plans.Key Job Responsibilities:
- Learn and use internal and syndicated databases to provide weekly and monthly brand performance reports to leadership to influence future business decisions.
- Plan and execute offline consumer promotion efforts, including cross-brand initiatives, external partner programs, couponing and packaging updates.
- Support Brand Manager in day-to-day creative agency management and internal legal & management approvals.
- Work closely with agencies and cross- functional partners, including sales and operations, on implementation of marketing programs.
- Perform monthly product scoring with cross-functional partners to ensure in-market product quality is within spec.
- Develop strategy and rationale for new brand initiatives, including justification for investment needed (e.g. marketing expense).
- Monitor and report on each programs' results, making recommendations for future promotions.
- Act as a passionate advocate for the Brands in every way possible.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree Program in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or other related major
- Previous co-op/internship experience preferred
- Experience/familiarity with all Microsoft applications (Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Candidate should be capable of initiating and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships
- Demonstrated analytical skills with ability to generate business insights from diverse data sources
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, juggle several projects at once.
- Self-motivation and a desire to learn a very interesting and challenging industry
- Ability to work in a team work environment to achieve outlined business objectives
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.