Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day. Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA as a Grocery Clerk:
Grocery Clerk Position Summary:
- Great starting pay: $11.22 per hour
- Stable Union Position
- Company sponsored wellness and discount programs available
The Grocery Clerk provides world-class customer service at our outlet stores, responding to customer inquiries, and working quickly to solve problems while maintaining positive customer relations.Grocery Clerk Key Job Responsibilities:
Schedule Hiring for:
- Maintain a safe working environment for customers and fellow associates while following BBU, OSHA, and governmental safety rules and procedures
- Courteously greet and assist customers.
- Maintain product displays and stock shelves with products and rotate product to ensure optimal supply and product mix
- Manage inventory levels by receiving and checking in products according to company procedures.
- Enters and maintains records of customer purchases and prepares status reports using cash registers and/or computer systems.
- Performs and assists other BBU associates with outlet transactions as required.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor
- Days: Sunday - Saturday; Days off vary
- Shift Start Time:Varies
- This is a part time position scheduling up 20 hours per week
Job Requirements Ideal Qualifications for the Grocery Clerk:
- High School Diploma/GED is preferred but not required
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted
- Excellent people/customer service skills
- Must be able to maintain continued customer satisfaction while working under pressure
- Working knowledge of cash registers & strong cash handling skills.
- Speed and accuracy in data entry is a must.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize based on the needs of the customer and store.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.