Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Supply Chain Project Manager is responsible for leading and supporting projects for the Northeast Supply Chain. The Supply Chain Project Manager will work as a member of the Northeast Business Unit team and cross functionally with GB and BBU teams to implement highly complex projects. Key Job Responsibilities:
- Lead specific elements of the productivity agenda for the Northeast Supply Chain including projects such as facility startup/commissioning and shutdown, transportation optimization, new market initiatives, and process improvement.
- Work with Supply Chain Technology, Commercial, Real Estate, Engineering, Agile Team and other cross-functional stakeholders to develop and execute Capital Projects
- Serve as liaison with finance team for project management and justification. Coordinate ongoing weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial performance for the region.
- Development of project plans, budgets and Capital requests.
- Work with Northeast team members to build implementation plans for complex projects.
- Request for proposal development and subsequent vendor selection.
- Vendor/Construction management including change control.
- Installation including troubleshooting and training.
- Partner with BU Distribution and Manufacturing Leadership to plan and implement safety, service and cost programs that deliver world class results
- Work as a member of the Northeast Supply Chain team leading and optimizing Northeast DC's and integrating software and hardware through the Supply Chain
- Partner with Transport managers and 3PLs to reduce complexities and cost while increasing service levels in the transportation network
- Help support service infrastructure in Northeast DC foot print that will enable growth/freshness/unsold deliverables and help break down silos across the new Northeast organization
- Work with Dir Sourcing, Plant Managers, and S&OP team to optimize production and co-packer execution
- Support Supply Chain Leadership Structure that continues to develop self-sufficient teams that embrace change through associate engagement and continuous improvement initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain or related field.
- At least 7 years of related and varied experience in both managing supply chain and/or manufacturing operations, and project management
- Experience developing and implementing complex solutions
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Experience using tools and software such as MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Ability to travel, visit facilities/sales centers/distribution centers within the business unit.
- Strong analytic skills with attention to detail.
- Must be able to plan & accomplish goals with limited supervision.
- Ability to build strong business relationships and collaborate cross-functionally.
- Ability to lead and coach special projects while meeting specific timelines and objectives.
- Ability to establish objectives, ownership of work, and accountability for results.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate complex information effectively to gain alignment.
- Ability to make strategic business decisions impacting short and long term.
- Ability to manage and influence P&L results.
- Ability to cultivate talent through coaching.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.