Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Come join the largest baking company in the world and our family of 20,000 associates nationwide!
A Production Associate is responsible for the safe operation, accurate scaling of ingredients and mixing in the propersequence andset up for the industrial mixers that produce the dough and toppings forall ofour baked goods.
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA
- Great startingpay: $14/hour!
- Excellent benefits package
- Growing organization & increased demand for products
Production Associate Key Job Responsibilities
- Proper interpretation of all formulas and proper development of all doughs, including but not limited to time, temperature, weight, and exceptions to formulas.
- Accurate measurements of ingredients.
- Load ingredients in the proper order into the mixer and maintaining mixer schedule.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe environment through compliance of all Company, Local, State and Federal mandates or programs.
- Understands and follows all safety rules and procedures.
- Act with a Continuous Improvement mindset.
- Maintain a clean work space.
- Maintain Good Manufacturing Practices, food safety, and Superior quality standards.
- Assist with various positions as assigned by the supervisor.
- May fill in for absent positions in production or packaging areas.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor
Production Associate Qualifications:
- Education: High School Education or equivalent preferred.
- Experience: 1-3 Years of prior manufacturing experience; food manufacturing is a plus.
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Strong reading, math and people skills.
- Must be well organized and computer literate.
- Must be able tolift upto 50 pounds, stack, and/or carry pans, ingredient containers, etc.
- Must be able to stand for an extendedperiod of time.
- Must be able to work in a loud and hot environment.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to work Nights, Weekends & Holidays.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Internal Title: Production Relief
Keywords: Production Associate, Production Worker, Bakery Associate, Bakery Worker
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.