Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Regional Sales Leader ensures critical field sales initiatives are developed and managed effectively in the market place and the Sales Center. The primary role is to positively impact the ability of the sales team to maximize retail execution and the continuous improvement of processes through the world class sales center to achieve sales and profit growth objectives.Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develops sales operations plans and targets for a sales territory (region) in consultation with the Director of Sales.
- Establishes sales strategies to drive profitable growth including the development of defenses against competitive threats.
- Supporting the sales leaders in developing relationships with the sales people in order to fully execute sales initiatives and meet Key Performance Indicators.
- Leads and develops the Sales Leaders through a disciplined coaching process in his/her role of managing day to day sales operations in line with the BBU values and direct store delivery selling process.
- Accountable for the oversight of the entire order process to ensure effectiveness and retail satisfaction.
- Quantifies and articulates sales information and objectives on a regular basis upward, laterally and downward.
- Responsible for the maintenance of exceptional customer and trade relations.
- Develops strategic execution plans to support the brand marketing plans.
- Coordinates the collaborative effort with all sales support functions (Account Management, Distribution, Marketing, Finance, Manufacturing, and Direct Store Delivery Excellence Teams) to ensure seamless execution of sales initiatives.
- Assumes responsibility for implementing special projects as needed as requested by Leadership.
- Directly supervises: Market and Operational Sales Leaders.
- Provides oversight to all Bakery Outlet Stores strategy and operation.
- Responsible for positively impacting the P&L through cost containment measures and
effective management of labor costs.
- Drive and support the achievement of safety goals; coach and lead the awareness of safety programs accordingly to eliminate unsafe acts, eliminate workplace injuries, and lead local organization to achieve the goal of zero injuries and maintain and enforce BBU Food Safety and internal audit standards.
Job Requirements Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field preferred.
Ideal candidate will possess:
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- 5-7 years of sales management experience with demonstrated significant accomplishments.
- Experience leading salaried associates with team responsibility.
- Exceptional knowledge and history of accomplishments in sales and management roles.
- Account executive exposure a plus.
- Proven track record of effective leadership including people development.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively negotiate and influence others.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Computer skills and proficiency, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word is required.
- Travel is required
- Ability to provide operational direction to achieve specific objectives/outcomes.
- Ability to effectively manage direct reports at the professional staff level.
- Ability to support established project objectives, checkpoints and timelines and manage team members to meet project tasks and expectations.
- Effectively implements programs for area of responsibility.
- Ability to exchange complex information effectively to reach agreement in ambiguous or difficult situations.
- Ability to manage a small sub-function or a portion of a large sub-function.
- Ability to effectively make decisions that are more tactical in nature with impact on multiple areas.
- Manages a sub-functional budget.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.