Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
This position will provide key financial support for the Customer Teams. Principal Accountabilities
- Key financial contact for National Customer Team, including Private Label team, customer bids via P&L analysis and pricing recommendations.
- Support customer teams to build AOP trade plan and track trade spend for national customers.
- Responsible for developing and publishing monthly and weekly Period End Reports for Operating Revenue, Customer, and Investment
- Perform financial and business analysis via P&L statements and other reports by customer & category, earnings variation analysis, mix analysis, financial bridges and various ad-hoc analyses.
- Monitor, track, assess and advise management of key spending and business trends.
- Work with auditors and Corporate Accounting to address variance items and research requests.
- Support period close process, ensuring accurate and timely posting of journal entries and reporting of financial results, including balance sheet and reserve analysis.
- Heavy involvement in preparing business review presentation decks.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Three to five years' experience in Finance, Accounting and/or Business management with strong financial analysis and planning experience.
- Must have strong understanding of profit and loss statements as well as analytical, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines and high accountability.
- Financial system and software proficiency (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Hyperion).
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.