Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Specialist, Voice and Video will be responsible for providing the coordination and management of Bimbo Bakeries USA multimedia conference equipment (video conferencing, audio visual, web, streaming, etc.). This includes conference room equipment (Cisco Codecs, Crestron, Extron, cameras, Air Media, etc.), video conference call preparation, special support requests, Digital Signage equipment and VOIP network troubleshooting as well as general technical and operational support. He/She will be responsible for the facilitation and execution of audio-visual and conferencing requests including Quarterly Broadcasts.
The engineer will support engineering projects for Network upgrades, Wiring and Cabling initiatives, Point of Sales System support, planning technology roadmaps, and configuring and optimizing all systems and services, both internally and those integrated with Cloud based services.Key Job Responsibilities:Strategy & Planning
Acquisition & Deployment
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for Audio Visual (A/V) administration and appropriate use.
- Develop and deploy methodologies for testing A/V performance and providing A/V statistics and reports.
- Provide A/V consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to Network Analysts, Network Engineers and Network Administrators and Architects.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of A/V development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and A/V flexibility.
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in A/V and voice infrastructure technologies, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Participate in the development of network strategies in collaboration with the executive team.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all network procurement and development efforts.
- Ensure network services have sufficient capacity, stability, and agility to satisfy service level agreements with business units.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to A/V configuration, mappings, processes, and service records.
- Proven experience in deployment and maintaining Cisco A/V Technologies. IPT networking experience /technical proficiency in LAN, WAN, Network Management, and Security. Knowledge of DHCP, DNS, Windows environments Ability to handle several projects simultaneously
- Provide A/V services support at a mid to advanced level to the enterprise; provide product design, recommendations, evaluations, and configurations, etc.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining all aspects of the A/V network infrastructure (i.e. Cabling- Racking/LAN/WAN/WLAN/VoIP/VPN/Network).
- Conduct Proof of Concepts for emerging technologies and present recommendations to design team and management.
- Participate in multi-discipline design teams to provide solutions and capacity planning of A/V equipment and IPT network.
- Provide A/V architecture and design for data center and site deployments
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent network activities.
- Provide on-call operational level support for all aspects of the A/V hardware and software.
- Collaborate with end users and senior management to define business requirements for complex network development and gain buy-in for all network architecture plans.
- Manage and set priorities for the architectural design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all network infrastructures, including LANs, WANs, VMs, Internet, intranet, security, wireless implementations, and so on.
- Provide Tier 3 Team escalation and interface w/Vendors to resolve all issues as needed
- Excellent team player with ability to coordinate and cooperate with others and provide junior Team member mentoring
- Must demonstrate a solid service orientation inside and outside the IT Department and the organization
- Ensure compliance of network devices to Company standards in regards to device configuration and deployments.
- Define and maintain SOPs and quality standards
- Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
- Ensure that the solutions being implemented are compliant with all relevant regulations, policies and procedures (i.e.: Sarbanes Oxley, privacy data practices, Bimbo corporate policies).
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Computer science or related degree highly desirable.
- 6-8 years of working experience.
- Experience with Cisco Expressway, TMS, CMS.
- Expert knowledge of H.323 protocols and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).
- Knowledge and experience troubleshooting and developing Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise and Express scripting.
- Must have experience Unity voice mail, 2811,VG224, SIP, Cube, Jabber, Video, FXO infrastructure.
- Experience managing, developing and delivering strategic Cisco Unified Communications platforms.
- Knowledge of Digital Signage.
- Good Knowledge of Polycom Video Infrastructure.
- Zoom Conferencing is a plus.
- Multicasting experience a plus.
- Experience support an enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, IP Telephony, VPNs, VMs, virtual networks, etc.
- Experience in a Global Regulated Organization; technical leader in large, complex enterprise network environments.
- Knowledge of current protocols and standards, including OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, SIP, IPsec, DNS/DHCP and SNMP.
- Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, traffic flow, and data processing concepts.
- Knowledge of advanced network services, ie IP Multicast, QOS, etc.
- Extensive experience with developing strategic plans.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- ITIL a plus.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both as an individual contributor and member of a cross-functional team.
- Proven leadership and organizational skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English to include spoken communication, professional writing, technical writing and effective email writing.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.