Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Senior Region Human Relations Manager is the Champion of People, Diversity and Inclusion for the Sales, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and other functions supporting the Director of Sales and Plant Managers, leadership and hourly associates for a region composed of multiple locations. The Senior Region Human Relations Manager is responsible for effectively leading a HR team providing best in class services that facilitate greater effectiveness throughout the organization. The successful candidate will have strong labor relations experience, proven generalist background, ability to drive HR strategies through the organization and be engaged/transparent with the business. In addition, have the ability to influence leadership and ability to link business objectives back to organizational effectiveness. Ideal candidate will have a sense of urgency, be future thinking and possess strong communication skills.
This role will provide expertise and guidance in the areas of organizational development, associate relations, performance management, associate retention, leadership development, change management, benefits, labor relations, compensation and coaching as it relates to the field organization. Key Job Responsibilities:
- Strategic Business Partner: Partner with leaders and their teams to develop and executive the HR strategies and activities that cultivate growth, innovation and organizational effectiveness. This includes creating, building and implementing programs, processes and tools to increase efficiencies
- HR/Organization Consulting: Collaborate with cross functional business leaders to establish strategic plans, facilitate change and business solutions to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver results supporting DSDE and Manufacturing Transformation goals.
- Labor Relations/Compliance: Lead, interpret and provide guidance to Human Relations team and Leaders on Collective Bargaining agreements (CBAs) and administration of grievances, arbitrations, hearings and OFCCP activities.
- Performance Management: Transparent partner by counseling and/or coaching Human Relations team and people managers to determine appropriate course of action with regard to staffing, hiring, performance management, safety and /or complex employee relations concerns.
- Talent Management: Provide coaching and direction on the process across all functions in regards to associate profiles, goal setting, development plans, quarterly reviews, annual goal evaluation and succession planning.
- Policy Management: Support and guide Human Relations team, Leaders and associates regarding Company policies, HR programs (benefits, pay and salary) administration and interpretation to ensure policies and procedures are in compliance with employment law.
- Talent Acquisition: Oversee and review the annual hourly staffing plan and ensure meeting compliance requirements for recruitment files. (e.g., resumes, interview notes, calibration and selection process).
- Centralized Recruiting: Collaborate with the sales, manufacturing and other functions to support the recruiting for salaried positions managed through Centralized Recruiting.
- Employee Learning & Development: Assess and develop training programs to increase operational effectiveness. Facilitate training programs such as, 2020 GB Leader, Diversity and Inclusion, Leadership Transformation, Labor and Respect in the Workplace.
- HR Operations: Oversee and audits the maintenance of HR files and I-9's for compliance for areas of responsibilities.
- Systems: Direct the management of quarterly HRIS audits and Requisitions and the creation ofHR metrics identifying key trends and recommendations for improvements.
- Assist and support all HR activities/duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field required. Master's degree in HR or related field a plus.
- 5 to 7 years strategic and progressive human resource generalist experience; in a sales (DSDE) and manufacturing environment preferred.
- Labor Relations experience including grievance administration, contract negotiations and CBA interpretation.
- Ability to lead and influence Human Relations partners in a dispersed work environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Experience with HR metrics and analytics.
- Experience with online recruitment systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to be resourceful, demonstrate business acumen, creative thinking skills and be able to act as a decision maker.
- Ability to travel 40%.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.