Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Supply Chain Data Specialist is responsible for building and standardizing a suite of data sets and reporting tools to deliver insights to the Northeast Business Unit. This role will define a framework for scalable reporting, strategic planning, and supporting senior sales and operations leadership. As a member of the Northeast Business Unit team this person will be responsible for supplying insights to build strategic business cases as well as transforming static reports into actionable living dashboards.Key Job Responsibilities:
- Work with Supply Chain Technology, Commercial, IT, Finance and other cross-functional stakeholders to:
- Design and implement repeatable processes and reporting packages that empower sales and operations with critical data related to strategy and execution.
- Develop and maintain standardized operational reports and dashboards to monitor overall region health
- Collect, analyze and report Sales, Supply Chain and Finance data to track regional performance and metrics
- Development of data sets and models in support of project plans, budgets and Capital requests.
- Analyze multiple data sources across functions to build user-friendly reports
- Train and coach front line managers and leadership teams on usage of reports and dashboards.
- Implement data solutions to satisfy business requirements Partner with local leaders to ensure accuracy and integrity of data and solve for gaps as they arise
- Partner with BU Distribution and Manufacturing Leadership to plan and implement safety, service and cost programs that deliver world class results
- Work as a member of the Northeast Supply Chain team to support implementation of new software and hardware through the Supply Chain
- Partner with Transport managers and 3PLs to improve operational visibility and actionable reporting that supports complexity reduction to improve cost and service improvement.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Bachelor's in Business or Supply Chain or a related field acceptable if combined with technical experience.
- At least 3 years of related and varied experience in Business Analysis, Strategy, and / or Supply Chain Operations.
- Experience developing and implementing complex solutions:
- completing cost/P&L analyses
- assist in preparing business cases; applying activity-based costing; using output from statistical, simulation, and optimization tools
- facilitating problem solving using variety of methodologies
- applying methodologies to understand, anticipate, mitigate risk
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools and software such as Microsoft Office.
- Experience with BI tools such as Microstrategy, Tableau, Power BI, Qlik.
- Experience with ETL or data modeling tools such as Alteryx.
- Working knowledge of SQL and / or Python is preferred.
- Experience with AS400 mainframes and Oracle databases is a plus.
- Experience with cloud data warehousing solutions or managed services is a plus.
- Ability to travel, visit facilities/sales centers/distribution centers within the business unit.
- Strong analytic skills, financial literacy, and attention to detail.
- Must be able to plan & accomplish goals with limited supervision.
- Ability to exchange complex information effectively to reach agreement in ambiguous or difficult situations.
- Ability to build strong business relationships and collaborate cross-functionally.
- Ability to establish objectives, ownership of work, and accountability for results.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate complex information to various stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate and interact with senior and front-line leaders to build alignment and communicate findings
- Ability to learn complexities and needs of Sales, Finance, Distribution, and Manufacturing as well as other functional business teams.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.