Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Entenmann's sweet baked goods business, and Bimbo & Marinela product categories have surpassed the $1 billion in annual sales milestone, and as BBU strategic brands are positioned for continued annual growth. As such, the corresponding supply chain has morphed from a fairly simple operation, into a highly complex network of manufacturing plants, co-packers, imports, warehouses, and multi-channel customers.
As such, we are seeking a highly motivated individual to lead the day-day execution and performance of the SBG business from a supply chain perspective, delivering high quality products On-time and In-full (OTIF) to our highly valued customers. Also, this leadership role will provide both strategic direction and alignment for this important business segment. The individual will be an active dedicated participant of the high performance SBG leadership team, consisting of the General manager SBG, Operations VP SBG, and Finance. Additionally, the role will require working collaboratively with all our Business Unit field teams.
The role will report to Xochitl Cruz, Vice President - Sweet Baked Goods. What we're looking for:
A strong leader with supply chain experience, and operationally savvy. Very strong communication skills across all levels of the organization. An ability to effect change and achieve results within a matrixed, cross-functional organization Are you up for it?
We are looking for a Director of Supply Chain SBG to help take this business to the next level - placing delicious and nutritious baked goods and snacks in the hands of all. Key Job Responsibilities:
- Design and build out a supply chain that facilitates the movement of our products from our production facilities as well as co-packers to customer and distributor warehouses.
- Build processes and approaches to monitor performance, collaborate with customers and monitor and ensure high levels of OTIF (On-time & In-full)
- Build an S&OP process to ensure visibility and alignment across the value chain
- Identify and coordinate the development of capabilities in our existing supply chain to serve the needs of this new supply chain
- Establish relationships with third party logistics providers to ensure the effective movement of product across the supply chain
- Lead development and implementation of warehouse distribution model to provide an efficient supply chain with an optimal inventory strategy and footprint.
- Design and develop a customer service function and processes to ensure the smooth interaction of our supply chain with both internal and external customers of the supply chain.
- Working with IT Identify and implement systems necessary to efficiently and effectively operate the supply chain.
- Have project management skills and experience with annual business planning.
Qualities you should have:
- 7 - 10 years Supply chain knowledge and experience in a leadership position
- Experience in a high velocity inventory environment with both short & extended shelf life products.
- S&OP leadership experience
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
- MBA or master's Degree a plus but not required.
- TEAM PLAYER
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability and willingness to travel
- High Energy!! (We provide coffee to help)
- Go-Getter for Results
- Intellectual curiosity
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.