Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Field Merchandising Rep JD
The Field Merchandising Representative (FMR) is an entry level position which will be in support of the Route Sales employees and gain experience, as directed by management.
Below is a list of some duties:
Pull ups of a list of stores furnished by management.
Schematics - Adhering to all plan-o-grams and merchandising products.
Cover routes temporarily(up to and including worker's Comp/disability)
Solicit store managers for secondary displays in support of Company programs being offered at that time, with prior approval of sales management.
Solicit new stores for service, with prior approval of sales management.
Selling & conducting demos, with prior approval.
Selling & conducting events (e.g. grand opening giveaway), again with prior approval.
Packing out any back room stock.
Delivering relays and setting up displays.
Other duties, as directed by management provided they do not conflict with contractual provisions.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
Ideal candidate will possess:
• 3-5 years of related experience in DSD or direct sales.
• A combination of training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
• Previous experience in route sales is a plus.
• Demonstrate passion to achieve results and work well with others.
• Strong motivation to build customer relationships and achieve Route Sales Professional and company goals.
• Excellent customer service abilities required and account management skills a plus.
• Strong work ethic; able to work independently
• Ability to professionally communicate with external and internal customers
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Computer skills and proficiency is required.
• A valid driver's license is required.
• Must be able to obtain and retain a DOT medical card.
• Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
• Must be able to lift 25-50 pounds on a regular basis, as well as routinely enter and exit a delivery vehicle.
• Must be able to climb, push/pull, bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods as well as perform frequent reaching and use of fingers.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.