Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day. What is Bimbo QSR?
Bimbo QSR is a leading foodservice-focused company that supplies baked goods predominantly to Quick Service Restaurants ("QSR") around the world. The Company operates 22 bakeries in 11 countries across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia, including two joint ventures. We are innovative and customer focused developing new product concepts and utilizing differentiated high-speed manufacturing capabilities to support customers' Limited Time Offer ("LTO") product offerings. Bimbo QSR is headquartered in Chicago, IL with ~2,500 associates globally. We are a proud member of the Grupo Bimbo family, the world's largest and leading baking company.
This position is responsible for the global financial leadership of the Bimbo QSR business with a sales value of $650MM. There are four main responsibilities critical to this role:
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Aligning as a Strategic Business Partner with the President of Bimbo QSR and his leadership team, including international regional general managers.
- Leading the Commercial Finance team in the development of winning product and customer strategies and effective promotional investments.
- Leading the Supply Chain Finance team in pursuit of lowest landed cost initiatives, development of asset and supply chain investment strategies.
- Leading the FP&A function to provide clear visibility to operational performance and planning.
This position has full P&L ownership and accountability for all aspects of financial operations to drive the successful planning, execution, and measurement of the business. Focus will be both strategic and tactical to achieve targeted near and long term goals and objectives. The candidate will work directly with key leaders to drive major business decisions related to revenue growth, pricing, business cases, product/brand development, supply chain efficiency and overall company profitability. This role is responsible for the proactive pursuit, development and execution of key initiatives and profit-improving programs. This position will be responsible for the budgeting, forecasting and deep analysis of the our performance. Likewise, this position will be in charge of preparing executive presentation to Grupo Bimbo leadership team and being a liaison with Bimbo Corporate Finance.
This position will oversee the finance teams of our three regions: Americas, EMEA and ASIA in addition to our financial planning and analysis team.Strategic Business Capability -
Position is focused as a strategic business partner to the VP of Finance and Country General Managers performing the following:
• Assess performance and alignment of current strategy to goals and changing market dynamics.
• Work with leadership to create and implement course correction/enhancement. The key measure here is business insights driven and grounded by business analytics:
o Product and consumer strategy o Customer planning and strategy
o Asset strategy o Supply chain efficiency and effectiveness
o ROI ... Ranges from promotional funds to manufacturing to travel disciplines
Financial Planning, Reporting & Analytics
- Provide comprehensive business analysis and insights consisting of multi-functional perspectives, multi-variant analysis and identifies key drivers that generate results. This includes the assessment of financial trends, spending variances and identifying/developing causal drivers.
- Drive total business ownership and accountability for business strategies and associated financial objectives.
- Support the development of business strategy; works with Revenue Growth leaders to develop business plans that grow volume, sales, share, and profit.
- Provides advanced financial modeling capabilities to support and develop better analysis, quantification and tracking of key business issues, trends, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring visibility to the business:
- Responsible for the periodic financial closing process, working with shared services and ensuring all financial / business activity, liabilities and assets are properly accounted for.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on business performance, including financial/P&L and KPI's/metrics that are aligned with objectives.
- Prepare/present in-depth periodic operating results with analysis of earnings.
- Develop financial plans and forecasts by function and business region while driving accountability. Ensure action plans align with financial commitments.
- Update rolling forecasts of financial position and projections.
- Develop key activity measurement tools for periodic analysis and reporting.
- Produce weekly and monthly reports on volume, costs, sales, project tracking and other key activities essential to promoting greater visibility to the business teams.
- Provide customer, trade, product and related program investment analytics.
- Manage the capital expenditure and lease authorization process including ROI and fit with strategic objectives.
- Maintain the control environment and ensure we are conducting our business in a manner consistent with our principles, corporate values and expected conduct.
- Leads the team that provides insightful analytical analyses in support of business results.
- Leads the development of presentations and business review materials that highlight performance, bring clarity to key issues, and support recommendations.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in various technical functional fields including finance and/or economics but could include IT, engineering or related fields. An MBA is desirable with a concentration in finance or economics.
- 7+ years' experience in finance and business management including work with marketing, sales and/or supply chain functions.
- 3-5 years' experience in sales and account planning and analysis.
- 3+ in financial planning and analysis
- In-depth knowledge of profit and loss statements as well as excellent analytical with a strong financial planning and reporting experience.
- Experience developing sales trends, forecasts, etc. and a demonstrated understanding of the impact of analytical data on company planning (volume/revenue).
- Superior work ethic, flexibility, time management and organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines and high accountability.
- Accountable to lead and effectively develop a team at varying stages of development.
- Ability to lead by influencing peers and colleagues using collaborative, flexible styles; generate buy-in and ownership.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Oracle and/or SAP Financials and leveraging business intelligence reporting systems.
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Results Orientation. The successful candidate demonstrates ability to drive improvement of results and to deliver best in class business performance.
- Customer Orientation. Utilizes market knowledge and customer relationships to drive insight. S/he understands the needs of the customer and uses this knowledge to deepen customer relationships and build a positive customer experience. S/he uses customer insight to innovate products and services that will improve customer engagement.
- Strategic Orientation. Defines a strategic vision in shaping a high-impact strategies, linking it to clearly actionable initiatives while taking into account the impact on all parts of the business. S/he clearly articulates medium to long-term opportunities and threats, and helps evaluate options and plans against anticipated global trends.
- Collaborating & Influencing. Effectively engages stakeholders and drives alignment across multiple functions to achieve results, engaging in joint decision making and resolving conflicts when necessary to balance short & long term benefits. Is able to recognize & channel new ideas. Brings excellent negotiation skills & the ability to build strategic partnerships. S/he will need to use collaboration and influencing skills as a foundation for driving change in the organization
This position is a key leadership role which requires the successful candidate to work comfortably across functional lines, engage people at all levels of the organization and articulate ideas that drive the business toward near and long term objectives.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.