Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Industrial Engineer Co-op will analyze all phases of Direct Store Delivery operations from Route preparation activities through marketplace execution and delivery and account settlement. View all aspects from an industrial engineering perspective with the objective of improving efficiency through every phase of the operation. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform data analysis to identify opportunities for cost savings and waste reduction
- Conduct process studies to discover opportunities for increased operational efficiencies
- Prepare statistical analysis of process capability to implement improved controls
- Provide assistance in design and execution of various projects
- Analyze current state of industry technology and recommend changes to current operation
- Create and communicate presentation on learned competencies to demonstrate newly acquired business acumen
- Currently a Senior pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering.
- Must possess strong leadership, computer, and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Must be willing to work various shifts in Operations and overtime as needed
- Travel 75%
- US residency or Green Card required
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.