Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Coordinates the activities of the Production Department and monitors procedures and standards to achieve consistent high quality products produced in an efficient manner. Provides leadership for, and develops the abilities of, production management personnel in the Production Department.
Responsible for ensuring the best quality products, excellent customer service by maintaining regular quality audits (American Institute of Baking), good manufacturing practices, compliance with federal/state/local regulations (FDA, OSHA, Department of Agriculture, Department of Health, etc.), HACCP, meet or exceed Global Food Safety Standards (BRC), environmental compliance.Principal Accountabilities:
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe environment through compliance of all Company, Local, State and Federal mandates or programs.
- Ensure that products are produced in accordance with Bimbo Bakeries USA quality specifications.
- Create a Continuous Improvement environment by improving products, service, and processes with the objective to reduce waste within the business unit while striving for efficiency and profitability.
- Supports General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices with an understanding that these are absolutes and are Priority #1. Ensuring that General safety and Food Safety are absolute priorities by setting an example to others.
- Ensures that Product Quality is an absolute priority by utilizing Integrated Process Management (IPM), plant teams, and outside resources.
- Clearly understands structure of teams, acts as a resource and ensures that the Integrated Process Management structure is maintained and that facts and data are used in all decisions related to product quality, cost savings improvements, etc.
- Set up and maintain efficient production processes to attain plant efficiency goals.
- Develops, implements, and manages all production procedures to ensure all plant goals are met.
- Supervises, trains and coaches manufacturing management to include responsibility for personnel and labor issues throughout the plant.
- Make plant inspections and ensure plant's sanitary condition and operating procedure supports Bimbo Bakeries USA product quality and food safety standards.
- Insure compliance with FDA, EPA, OSHA, and HACCP regulations.
- Responsible for achieving budgets for capital investments, pan glazing, downtime, and damages.
- Maintains records for all phases of production relative to the quality of the product, including plant formulation records, and those records necessary for auditing purposes to include order completion and scheduling of holiday production.
- Responsible for LEAN activities to include training and problem solving and standard work.
- Analyzes results of bakery operations, determines variances from standard, and takes corrective action as needed.
- Responsible for managing all department expenses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations, Food Technology, Engineering, or related field in related field preferred. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- 5-7 years of hands-on management experience and direct manufacturing experience (preferably in the food industry) required.
- Extensive knowledge of bakery operations/processing/formulations preferred.
- Strong technical skills and working knowledge of bakery equipment preferred.
- Knowledge of safety related issues including compliance with State, Federal and Local regulations.
- Working knowledge of computers, including MS office applications.
- Labor Relations experience preferred.
- Willingness to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Excellent organizational and communications (written and oral) skills.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.