Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
This position will learn to operate a variety of mechanized bakery production equipment including but not limited to the Oven, Depositor, and Mallet Grease Machine.Check and ensure product specification standards are being met as required by company authorized standards while performing the tasks in a safe and efficient manner. Associate monitors cakes/muffins entering and being baked in a large commercial automated oven system. If line stops or backs up, will remove cake/muffin trays in the Depanning/Robot area. Operator will empty 'catch pans' containing cake/muffin batter/crumbs, from under line as needed. If/when there is a problem with the oven or related equipment the Oven Operator will follow what are called 'Lock-out/Tag out' procedures to turn off equipment, place a padlock(s) and a warning tag on equipment to prevent its operation until the problem has been corrected.Key Job Responsibilities:
________________________________________________________________________________________Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Maintains oven
- Loading and unloading pans from production line
- Monitor and adjust the temperature controls of the Oven
- Monitor and adjust the temperature controls of the Cooler
- Verify depositing weights, verify quality at oven exit
- Ensure proper placement of product in trays
- Record information such as down time, waste, order completions, package verification, metal detector checks, finish product scoring etc.
- Monitor for foreign material all the time especially at change over and ensure metal detection checks
- Observes, maintains, and addresses issues with the depanner(s) to prevent and reduce waste
- Performs various functions and duties following written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to read and understand operation manuals.
- Must adhere to all company policies including safety, environmental and food safety
- Maintains work are and equipment to company and sanitary standards
- Maintains Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) Safety and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Performs work and assures work in safe place and healthy manner
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits.
- Conforms, demonstrates, and understands all Environmental Health & Safety (OHS) requirements
- Participates and successfully completes all Company approved and required training, audits, etc.
- Other duties assigned
Competencies - To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving and analysis skills
- Basic machine operation and mechanical experience
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to relate with all members of the team.
- Effectively communicate any issues with Supervisors and fellow employees.
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Must be able to motivate and give direction to team members
- Demonstrate good time management skills
- Able to communicate and make logical decisions
- Walk the line and monitor events
Job Requirements Education and Work History:
Qualifications - To perform this successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience - High School diploma/GED preferred. Three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Language skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups or one on one with employees or management personnel. Good written and oral communication skills
- Mathematical skills - Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10/s and 100/s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American weight measurement
- Reasoning ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Computer skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of manufacturing software utilized in the packaging machines and checkweighers
- Physical demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle of feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms and smell. Must be able lift up to 50 pounds from ground to overhead and be able to push/pull over 600-lbs. Must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, squat, twist, kneel, and reach
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to speak, write & read English
- Work schedule varies and must be available to work weekends
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.