Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day. Top reasons to work for Bimbo Bakeries US:
- Competitive starting rate $$
- Medical/dental and vision available with low premiums
- Retirement Plan Available
- PTO and paid holidays
- BBU wellness program
- Growth Opportunities
The Shipping Associate will be responsible for severaldistribution activities. Candidates must be willing and able to work in amulti-task environment. Candidates must be able to safely and accurately operate warehouse equipment as assigned by management.
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Responsible for working safely at all times
- Duties may vary depending ondistribution departmentneeds.
- Unloading: (duties assigned by the shift foreperson)
- Insuring that trailers are safely docked to the doors and are safe to unload and load trailer.
- Remove load bars and place into proper locations.
- Inspection of incoming merchandise and ensuring merchandise is free from damage, comparing items with freight bills and purchase orders for accurate receipt of merchandise.
- This includes product form Bakeries, Depots, and imports.
- Placing merchandise into proper staging areas for pre-dispatch or cross docking.
- Dispatching merchandise through PC Data and placing it into proper areas to be loaded or picked in PC Data.
- Picking: (duties assigned by the shift foreperson)
- Verifying that units match the items that are going to be picked through PDC Data.
- Accurately filling orders for depots through the process of PC Data in both streets 1 and 2.
- Properly stacking and tagging merchandise so that is ready to be shipped.
- Placing picked units into designated areas so they are able to be transported.
- Loading: (duties assigned by the shift foreperson)
- Insuring that trailer is safe for loading. Trailer is docked properly, loading ramp is engaged and trailer is safe to enter.
- Moving picked and dispatched merchandise into trailers
- Making sure that merchandise is scanned into the proper trailers
- Verifying with merchandise tag for proper sales date and shipping destination.
- Staging (duties assigned by the shift foreperson)
- Accurately placing Dispatched merchandise into proper locations that have been labeled for the Fresno Depots as well as Fresno Imports.
- Verifying sales dates and location with merchandise tags
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Preferredbut not required.
- Must have 1-3 years of shipping or warehouse experience
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. overhead
- Must be able to push/pull a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must possess basic math and computer skills
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, climb, lift, etc.
- Must be able to follow written instructions in English
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.