Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day. Top reasons to choose Bimbo Bakeries USA:
- Competitive starting rate $$
- Company PAID Medical Benefits
- Retirement Plan Available
- BBU wellness program available
- Growth Opportunities
- We value the person
Bimbo Bakeries USA currently has an opening for a Sanitation Associate at the Oxnard, CA bakery. The Sanitation Associate will be responsible for Maintain overall sanitation cleanliness of the bakery as required by Federal, state, AID and Corporate guidelines. They will work in a team, reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager. Candidate must be able to safely complete janitorial tasks (cleaning break rooms, bathrooms and offices) and sanitation of various bakery manufacturing equipment. Candidates must be willing and able to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment. The Bakeryoperates 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- High School Diploma/ GEDpreferred but not required.
- Ability to provide a clean, safe working environment
- Ability to follow all safety guidelines
- Knowledge of basic sanitation methods
- Knowledge of basic hand tools
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with others and with minimal supervision
- Ability to complete tasks as assigned
- Ability to be flexible with scheduling
- Work standing in one position for periods up to two hours at a time
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 50lbs (infrequent with assistance if needed)
- Ability to clean items ranging from the floor to overhead
- Ability to push/pull, squat, bend, and twist
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.