Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Responsible for directing, coordinating and managing all production activities within assigned area, ensuring the production of quality products in a clean, safe plant, within established operating standards and planned schedules. Sets up and checks out production equipment to ensure proper start-up. Checks products during production cycle for proper make-up, proofing and bakes to established standards. Directs equipment adjustments as necessary to maintain product quality and on-time product schedule. Ensures an adequate supply of ingredients, pans, bags and supplies for a smooth and efficient production run. Trains employees to perform to standard on each job within the department. Interprets, explains and fairly enforces company policy and procedures to employees. Responds to grievances and seeks resolutions at the first step. Responsible for seeking understanding of communications by clearly expressing facts and asking follow-up questions. Suggests formulation changes to improve quality. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS
- Works schedule of forty hours or more. Start times and days off may vary. May work a split schedule including weekends and or holidays pursuant to local practices.
- Perform all position responsibilities following established GMP, Food Safety, Personal Safety and Quality policies and procedures. Notifies supervision of any equipment problems.
- Responsible for undertaking all necessary tasks and leading work to assure compliance to quality and food safety laws and regulations.
- Directs all activities within assigned area to operating standards within approved staffing limits.
- Assists in solving technical problems which may affect quality or the continuity of the operation.
- Originates and/or evaluates measures designed to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Communicates, trains and motivates employees to create a common goal and attitude that will achieve operating objectives with a team concept.
- Directs activities to develop and implement programs for ingredient control, productivity, staffing requirements and safety/accident prevention. Takes inventories as assigned.
- Ensures that the area assigned operates within the standards set by local, state and federal regulatory agencies, such as sanitation standards, safety, and EPA codes. Ensures all equipment guards and safety switches are operational. Enforces Lock-out/Tagout procedures.
- Implements internal programs for training, cost reduction through waste reduction, ingredient yield, product yield, cripple reduction and safety improvement.
- Maintains department records of productivity and inventory, including production schedules, time cards, accident reports, attendance records, absentee reports and maintenance work orders.
- Coordinates with all departments (maintenance, sanitation, shipping, warehouse and sales) in such a manner that maximum effectiveness is obtained and maintained for the production of quality products. All actions are focused toward customer service and satisfaction.
- Reports to Production Manager any stoppage, inconsistency of doughs and equipment problems that may occur. Prepares maintenance, sanitation and safety work orders as necessary.
- Develops and maintains productive, respectful and collaborative working relationships with peers, subordinates and superiors.
Capable of working in an environment that is subject to:
- Work requires a high school level of knowledge of several subjects in order to perform calculations, prepare reports, keep records and/or deal effectively with other people.
- Between two and three years of progressively more responsible experience is required for preparation and training to meet standards for quality and quantity for the job. May include seminar training conducted by trade associations, allied groups or colleges to become knowledgeable of total process. Training provided in Hazardous Material, Right To Know and Lockout/Tagout programs.
- Technical computer skills related to administration, equipment and process applications.
- inside work, protected from weather conditions as well as outside conditions.
- temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour that is process related and more extreme in summer months.
- noise sufficient to require hearing protection in designated areas.
- hazards such as proximity to moving parts, electrical current and moving objects carrying considerable weight and force.
- flour dust.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Requires the ability to read, write and communicate in English in order to understand and follow work and safety instructions. Must be able to perform basic arithmetic to include adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
- Some analytical ability required in order to gather and interpret data in situations where the problems are somewhat complex in dealing with people, ingredients and equipment.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made for those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Bakery equipment and process knowledge.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.