Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day. Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA as a Class A Truck Driver:
Class A Truck Driver Position Summary:
- Competitive starting pay; $16.51 - $27.61 per hour (depending on experience)
- Local driving so home after every shift
- Amazing Medical/Dental at very low weekly deductions
- Stable Union position with pension for retirement
- BBU specific wellness and discountprograms available
The Class A Truck driver is part of our Transport team and is responsible for safely operating a tractor-trailer vehicle, loading, unloading, reloading product, delivery of product to designated locations. Must possess clean verifiable Class A driver's license, knowledge of and compliance of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations as well as State and/or Local Department of Motor Vehicle regulations. Record and maintain documents required by the Company and DOT.Class A Truck Driver Principal Accountabilities:
Schedule for Hire:
- Attend regularly and on time to this position with a 3 - 4 day work schedule, 10 hours minimum a day including weekends and possible split days off. Will be required to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime based upon business needs. May be scheduled to work extra days.
- Associate is required to load equipment from Sales Centers and count the number of dollies, blue baskets and grey baskets that are being brought back on the trailer and document the equipment being returned, on the back of the Trip Sheet.
- Load, unload, and reload trailers with product. May be required to breakdown product and equipment.
- Perform these functions utilizing safe work practices and high customer focus.
- Utilize powered material handling equipment in a safe manner. Comply with related operational safety regulations including licensing requirements.
- Operate tractor-trailer safely following FMCSR and DMV regulations. Comply with FMCSR record keeping requirements including but not limited to Driver's Daily Record of Duty Status, Vehicle Inspections, trip sheets and related necessary documents.
- Reports any issues or problems encountered during the execution of duties to Department Manager/Supervisor.
- Maintains cleanliness of tractor interior.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor
- Days: Sunday - Saturday; Must be able to workall shifts.
- Shift Start Time:Assignment of shift is dependent on bid availability
- Overtime as needed
Job Requirements Preferred Qualifications for the Class A Truck Driver are:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted
- Must possess a valid Class A driver's license
- This position requires two (2) years' experience driving tractor-trailers
- No accidents or points in last two years, clean Class A, M.V.R.
- Winter driving and snow chain use is preferred
- Ability to prepare and maintain records required by the company and the FMCSR
- Must pass DOT Physical and DOT Road Test
- Truck driving school helpful but not necessary
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the Job Description
- Must be at least 21 years of age
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.