Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Distribution Engineer Manager will carry out analysis to understand trends, product, customers, route structures, and costs of distribution. Model and redesign the distribution structure to improve efficiencies, maximize growth, and reduce costs. Principal responsibilities
- Develop in depth understanding of products, customers, service time investments, depots, and various measurements of the route distribution system.
- Develop product and customer strategies and develop a distribution system around these strategies.
- Identify waste areas in the distribution system.
- Ability to redesign the distribution system to maximize growth and to reduce waste in the system.
- Understanding of depots, product mix, and areas serviced.
- Ability to learn to use strategic and dynamic distribution restructure tools.
- Ability to communicate and work with project teams to review present, proposed restructures and their financial impacts.
- Develop project presentations clearly describing goals, methodology, analysis results and recommendations for presentation to all levels of management involved.
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe environment through compliance of all Company, Local, State and Federal mandates or programs.
- Bachelor degree preferred, or a combination of education and/or experience may be substituted.
- Strong computer skills with extensive use of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Analytical and interpersonal skills to carry out projects.
- Able to self-direct projects and manage time.
- Some travel and overnight stays required.
- Understanding of and experience with distribution planning tools is desired.
- Understanding of and experience with distribution structure design is desired.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.