Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Bimbo Bakeries USA Sales Co-Op program is a dynamic 3 or 6-month, paid, opportunity that affords students a remarkable experience to participate in fast-paced real world projects designed to further develop strategic project management, analytical problem solving, and managerial leadership skills. Mentors will be designated to guide student collaborations and project work in each area. Students will be exposed to a variety of functional areas such as sales, distribution, and sales planning while earning college credits in various locations nationwide. The students will gain valuable experience and transferrable skills in the following areas:
- Operational experience with the distribution of Consumer Packaged Goods in a DSD model.
- Hands on experience implementing and testing innovative solutions with a focus on ROI analysis.
- Ability to adapt to a multitude of Business Intelligence tools.
- Familiarity with business agnostic tools and platforms that prepare the student for future roles.
Responsibilities include the consistent collaboration with the DSD Excellence Transformation team during the diagnostic, planning and implementation stages, while incorporating safety and quality standards in a continuous improvement environment. Successful candidates will be a results oriented team player, have solid interpersonal skills, and a strong commitment. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate training for the DSD Excellence team.
- Perform data analysis to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Collecting and compiling data for reporting purposes.
- Sales merchandising, marketing, and promotions
- Assisting in the setup, roll-out, and support of hand held tablet technology to the sales organization.
- Creating reference material and training documents to communicate best practice standards.
- Assist in the implementation of product accountability processes in business units.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Sales, Business or Marketing.
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish
- Must be willing to work various shifts and over time as needed.
- Must possess strong leadership, computer, and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to analyze data.
- The ability to help the transformation team throughout the sales organization to achieve the goals.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a challenging environment.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Ability to travel up to 30 %.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.