Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Bimbo Bakehouse, a division of Grupo Bimbo, is the largest North American supplier of frozen, par-baked breads, rolls and bagels to the retail and food service channels. In our mission to nourish, delight and serve our world, we have an immediate openingfor aMaster Baker/Culinary Innovation Manager
This role will be customer facing working in partnership with key customers to lead innovation.
Provide leadership, guidance, and support the sales, marketing and operations team. This person will have a strong understanding of bakery and bakery products and have a passion for the Art of Baking. KEY RESPONSBILITIES:
- Working in partnership with Key Customers to provide customized solutions and lead innovation.
- Independently lead the bench top formulation and execution of lab related work activities that support the development of new products, line extensions, and quality improvements.
- Proactively apply scientific knowledge and technical skills to business issues and opportunities, documenting and completing accurately.
- Able to work in both a "hands-on" and /or direct as needed environment in order to make ideas and concepts into product reality.
- Provides technical support and/or advice as needed or requested from other departments throughout Bimbo Bakehouse on culinary and technical matters.
- Ability to support the scale-up, first production, and quality assurance practices of developed products through the commercialization process.
- Deals effectively and professionally with outside ingredient supplier to meet R&D objectives.
- Present to customers on a frequent basis supporting the sales team with product presentations.
- Identifies and monitors new technological developments for applications in the bakery business.
- Frequent travel to bakery and customer locations.
- Strong commitment to and support of Grupo Bimbo values, ethics, goals, and objectives.
- Strong understanding of the bakery industry, process and products.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with both external and internal stake holders.
- B.S. degree in Food Sciences, Cereal Science, or Certified Master Baker
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Bakery Product Development.
- Experience in working in presenting to customers and working in partnership with customer marketing, purchasing and culinary teams.
- Proven excellent work record with demonstrated high levels of initiative and leadership.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills with ability to prioritize multiple activities simultaneously.
- Computer skills and proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, database and other software/applications.
- Willing to travel as required.
As part of the Grupo Bimbo family of businesses, Bimbo Bakehouse offers a competitive compensation and benefit package with exceptional recognition for performance and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.