Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Senior Manager of Supply Chain Logistics will use their asset based transportation experience to improve asset utilization and reduce costs across the facilities within the assigned region. TheSenior Manager of Supply Chain Logistics is responsible for the overall cost and performance of the regional transportation network. This person will be an integral part of the leadership team and be tasked with delivering transportation savings while improving the performance of the regional network. TheSenior Manager of Supply Chain Logistics will work with the bakeries and distribution centers (DCs) across the assigned region to oversee and lead the transportation strategy that includes (but is not limited to): fleet sizing; route analysis and recommendations; common carrier selection; routing guide development; and KPI/metric implementation. In addition to working with the regional operations leadership, the Senior Manager ofSupply Chain Logistics will have dotted line responsibilities to the corporate transportation organization to develop and implement projects that improve performance within the region. The Senior Manager Supply Chain Logistics will also maintain alignment with other Senior Managers ofSupply Chain Logistics to support the overall transportation strategy for the Company. Key Job Responsibilities:
- Works to ensure an active Safety Team is in place and ensures investigation of any transportation accidents.
- Monitors all regional transports to be sure that all Bimbo Bakery drivers and deliveries are safe, efficient and reliable and that the customer is receiving BBU's excellence in customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the overall cost and operational performance of the transportation fleet within the assigned region; ensures proper equipment is utilized, schedules are correctly implemented, and proper common carriers are used.
- Leads cost savings programs, productivity improvement projects and process improvement programs. Helps bakeries and DCs maintain transportation-related documentation such as vehicle inspection check-sheets, driver logs, and Proof of Delivery documentation in accordance with Company procedures.
- Develops a transportation strategy designed to lower overall delivery expense while improving our customer service measurements.
- Develops and implements a routing guide to drive common carrier spend to the right carriers, as well as develops a process to ensure routing guide compliance.
- Develops and implements a management system designed around Key Performance Indicators that will measure and improve our delivery performance, asset utilization, customer quality and driver efficiency.
- Monitors regional fuel program purchases and implements programs to reduce idling and improve MPG.
- Works with Shipping and DC Team to develop cost effective driver routes and establishes delivery time standards for routes
- Assists in screening and hiring transportation teammates (drivers and driver forepersons).
- Complies with all Department of Transportation (DOT), reviews CSA (Compliance, Safety & Accountability) scores for accuracy and trending, governmental and company regulations, policies, and standards pertaining to fleet safety compliance; ensures hazmat and other relevant DOT training is up-to-date.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Manages relationships with carrier/courier companies and other transportation-related vendors that provide services to the region.
- Ability to complete meaningful analysis of the regional transportation network and to effectively communicate this analysis to management and executives
- Ability to motivate and direct the work of teammates at multiple facilities in the designated region
- Monitors the bakery and DC freight claims process to ensure refunds are processed for the region.
- Performs additional duties as directed.
- Strong interactive and communication skills
Education and Work History:
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Understands how to effectively execute activities on time and on budget
- Works collaboratively with cross functional team members to gain their support and alignment
- Ability to glean insight from data and provide team with recommendations; Skilled at identifying areas for growth/gap
- Desire to learn and progress in career development; has a continuous curiosity and desire to keep discovering new things about the business
- Ability to work under pressure while managing multiple projects under tight timeline
- Maintenance of the confidentiality of any personal or company information encountered
- Attention to detail, high level of accountability and accuracy
- Bachelor's Degree required in transportation, supply chain or logistics
- At least eight years of experience in transportation.
- Previous supervisory/management experience in a transportation environment is preferred.
- Experience with dynamic routing tools is a plus, as is experience with imports/exports.
- Ability to communicate with all levels across the organization: executives, management, and warehouse teammates.
- Demonstrated ability to effect cost reductions and/or improvements to asset-based transportation network across multiple facilities.
- Previous experience in managing multiple sites providing both in-bound and out-bound services.
- Strong interpersonal skills and verbal communication.
- Planning and organizational skills; basic proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.