Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
To provide leadership, management, and technical support for all maintenance activities associated with bakery plant operations. Responsibilities include the management of an annual capital plan, the administration of a repair and maintenance system and budget, ensuring environmental compliance, and the training and development of management and non-management personnel within the maintenance department.Key Job Responsibilities:
- Oversees maintenance operations for a commercial baking facility consisting of hourly associates and a management staff.
- Analyzes and solves technical maintenance issues.
- Leads the achievement of a zero injury workplace by ensuring safe working conditions for associates and compliance with all state and federal regulations on environmental, health and safety issues.
- Manages and develops plant maintenance programs to ensure minimal downtime.
- Ensure associates have the tools, resources and capabilities to succeed and deliver on expectations.
- Identifies, implements and manages capital improvement projects.
- Conducts performance appraisals of the Maintenance management team; recommends and/or implements appropriate training programs to address developmental needs.
- Will be familiar with and utilize the CMMS to analyze data, generate reports and implement actions to improve KPIs.
- Administers and audits all Maintenance safety control programs.
- Administers and audits all Maintenance environmental protection programs.
- Develops technical training programs for maintenance supervision and mechanics.
- Develops short and long term planning, objectives, programs and goals and department budget and cost controls.
- Ability to develop and maintain optimized interdepartmental relationships.
- Manage and achieve set goals for the management of the MRO system and processes.
Job Requirements Key Behavioral Competencies:
Education and Work History:
- Candidate must be able to travel for Meetings, FATs, Benchmarking, Etc. Average is 10%-15%
- Knowledge of safety and environmental related concepts including compliance with State, Federal and Local regulations.
- Demonstrates strong leadership, teamwork and communication skills and have the ability to use a personal computer.
- Participative management style that involves and empowers teams and excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience building a strong fully functional team.
- Builds a culture of mutual respect, teamwork, and professionalism, demonstrating active support for the Company's culture.
- Understands, coaches and teaches the principles of Continuous Improvement principles, including lean tools, process capability and operational discipline.
- Ability to establish a strategic vision and lead through floor communication to generate both short term and long term sustainable results.
- Five or more years of hands-on management experience in maintenance.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related field preferred. HS Diploma/GED required.
AIB certification preferred.
- Operational background in electrical circuitry, refrigeration, fuel burning equipment and machine mechanics.
- The candidate must have conceptual knowledge of PLC programming; PLC programming experience preferred, ideal candidate will have PLC programming proficiency.
- Must be familiar with lean tools or a similar statistical process and control system.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.