Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Baking Technology Specialist supports assigned bakeries in the areas of ingredient, formula, process baking technology, deep frying oil technology and continuous improvement with an overall focus on finished product quality and consistency, and safety. Provides technical Support to BBU and Co Pack SBG Facilities, Support Development and Lead Product Implementation functions for BBU and Co Pack SBG Operations. Provide leadership support to BBU Cake operations including Safety Programs. Provide support with technical and statistical analysis to improve opportunities. Key Job Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot bakery issues and help to ensure that bakery teams put appropriate corrective actions in place.
- Support Marketing, R&D and engineering development trials on new formulas, new ingredients and new equipment or technologies.
- Work with bakery team to drive the scale-up and commercialization of new products, cost savings project, and product reformulations. Participate in qualification kick-off calls and ensure that bakery team is running necessary test bakes and launches on the agreed launch timing. Monitor quality post-launch and modify formula / process as necessary.
- Support assigned bakeries in addressing quality scoring concerns, consumer complaints, waste reduction efforts, and other initiatives as needed using continuous improvement and statistical tools.
- Participate as key baking technical resource with Engineering and bakery team on process and equipment modifications to ensure overall quality is maintained.
- Coach and train key bakery associated on baking and Frying processes and equipment.
- Complete and post updated product code books for all key launches.
- Conduct formula audits and follow up with bakery on corrective actions. Work with R&D team on any necessary modifications to corporate formulas.
- Lead productivity initiatives by networking with: Finance, Procurement, engineering, etc.
- Documents weekly trip results and summarizes with key follow ups to bakery team.
- Travel approximately 90-100% of the time, with occasional weekend work.
- Other assignments as needed.
Job Requirements Key Behavioral Competencies:
Education and Work History:
- Strong communication skills, including good functionality with MS Excel, MS Word and Power point.
- Root cause and Statistical analysis.
- Problem solving and out of the box mentality.
- Continuous improvement knowledge.
- Three (3) years of baking and /or frying process experience preferred.
- BS technical degree required
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.