Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day. $4,000 Hiring Bonus will be paid out in increments$2000 after successfully completing the 90-day probationary period$1000 after 6 months of continuous employment$1000 after 12 months of continuous employment.Signing bonus is taxable and all regular payroll taxes will be withheldService time (6 and 12 months) must be completed prior to paying out increment.Description
- Check clipboard for work assignments, obtains necessary tools and supplies, and proceeds to perform either preventative maintenance or unscheduled repairs.
- Record repairs on appropriate company forms.
- Use parts to fix vehicles from shop inventory or request from garage supervision.
- Notify shop supervision of any tempering or unsafe vehicle conditions.
- Perform vehicle inspections in compliance with State, Federal, ICC and DOT rules, regulations and laws.
- Continually update the skill level through available inside and/or outside training to keep abreast of equipment and technology changes.
- Service Vehicles off site as needed.
- Transport all company commercial motor vehicles through the Sales Zone as needed.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Job Requirements Position Requirements
- Must be able to provide own hand tools.
- Regular dependable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- HS Diploma/GED required.
- Technical or Vocational school graduate with emphasis on gas or diesel preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with vehicle maintenance.
- Required to obtain and maintaining a DOT medical certification card. Airbrake endorsement or CDL is beneficial.
- Appropriate state drivers' license to legally operate all road equipment requiring repairs.
- Operation and knowledge of all shop tools and equipment including Welding (gas and electric) and Body repair (aluminum).
- Must be physically capable of lifting 50 pounds.
- Extensive periods of standing, stooping and bending are part of the normal work day.
- Fabrication skills preferred.
- Ability to work varying days and shifts.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans [or Vets]
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.