Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day. Top reasons to choose BBU:
Maintenance Mechanic - OXNARD, CA
- Competitive starting rate $$
- SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE
- TOOL ALLOWANCE
- Medical/dental available at NO cost
- Retirement Plan Available
- Paid vacation and holidays
- BBU wellness program available
- PROFESSIONAL GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
Repair and maintain industrial production equipment of all types. Strong background in Automation (PLC), temperature controls, plumbing, welding, packaging equipment. Excellent benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and a Pension.
- Work is performed mostly indoors in a food processing/manufacturing environment. Outdoor work will be required based on needs of bakery.
- Required to work in all areas and environments to include confined space and high areas i.e.: Silos. Temperature and humidity levels are generally higher than normal ambient room temperatures due to the proximity to industrial ovens used in the baking process.
- Required to wear hairnets (beard nets if applicable), safety glasses and hearing protection in the performance of this work. All proper Personal Protective Equipment is Mandatory.
- Required to use all types of hand tools and some machine shop equipment including welders, grinders, break, shear band saw, and press. Etc.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan.
- Required to maintain company documentations as needed
- Must be cognizant of all of the hazards associated with the operation of heavy equipment and tools.
- Ability to work any shift any hours, weekends and holidays. Regular, dependable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Technical or vocational training a plus
- Willingness to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to be a motivated employee within a team oriented environment
- High School Diploma/ GED not required but preferred.
- Must be self-directed and able to work without close supervision.
- Must have experience in repairing and maintaining equipment.
- Must own a complete set of mechanics tools. (Required tool list)
- Must have good troubleshooting skills.
- Must have experience in general maintenance.
- Must be able to exert up to 75 lbs of force occasionally.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Skill in some if not all of the following, a plus: 1) Machine shop 2) Welding ARC-TIG-MIG 3) PLC 4) Motor controls 5) Pneumatics 6) Hydraulics 7) Basic Electrical
- Minimum of 5-year experience in Industry maintenance field
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.