Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Consumer Insights Leadis key member of the Bimbo Bakehouse Foodservice Marketing team. The position is responsible for building an internal research approach to support and drive the business. This individual will build the formal framework and methodologies for approaching data driven consumer and market insights. They will leverage existing resources and recommend new innovative approaches across both the Foodservice and In-Store Bakery channels. They will set the strategy, define, execute and manage research methods, tools and output. Ultimately responsible for driving/leading the acquisition of key insights and strategic recommendations to drive growth initiatives. Working closely with internal and external stakeholders, this individual will be seen as a trusted advisor, a project partner, a strong voice for the consumer and an expert on the market landscape. The ideal candidate should be proficient driving insights from both qualitative and quantitative data. This individual will champion a data-centric perspective and approach to business decisions across the organization.PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Champion consumer insights strategy and vision to support business needs, contribute to overall business strategy and thought leadership.
- Critical areas impacted by this role will include product development, category management, capital investment initiatives, pricing, and promotion, among others.
- Develop research approach and analyze and synthesize results from consumer research studies, syndicated data, market audits, internal data, along with other internal/external sources. Translate findings into business insights and action plans to support business performance.
- Collaborate with key business partners (leadership, sales, marketing, etc.) to identify insight needs and develop customized solutions to address.
- Serve as an internal consultant for key stakeholders to develop business strategies rich in consumer insights. Collaborate with team to build answers and outcomes, translate business needs into research plans.
- Develop inventory of data tools and resources and create process to leverage and engage. Empower and coach associates to utilize where appropriate.
- Create streamlined reports using a variety of different sources, compiling results into a concise, meaningful and actionable format.
- Demonstrated mastery of syndicated data systems to incorporate into fact-based presentations, particularly Datassential and Technomic.
- A Bachelors/Master's degree in business, data analytics, psychology, social studies, anthropology, or similar (6+ years in analytics/insights)
- Demonstrated mastery of syndicated data systems and ability to incorporate insight into fact-based presentations.
- Strong Leadership cross functional communication skills
- Ability to manage people without having direct organizational authority
- Demonstrated analytical skills with ability to generate business insights from diverse data sources
- Excellent persuasive communication skills: written, verbal and presentation. Ability to multi-task, organize time and lead groups with minimum direction
- Knowledge of both the Retail and Foodservice markets.
- Self-starter with proven ability to manage complexity and problem-solve
- Computer skills and proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel and other software/applications.
- Domestic Travel: 10-20%
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.